Chapter 71

"Yuri!"

You shout her name as soon as she picks up the phone. You are tired running on the road, but this is important so you must talk to her straight away.

Somehow, on the other side of the line, it seems like yuri is confused.

"(Name)...? W-what's wrong...? What's the matter?"

She asks you with confusion in her voice.

"Can you get ahold of sasuke for me? I tried calling him, but I can't reach him."

You take a turn at the neighborhood's corner.

"Please tell him i want to talk to him. I'm on my way to your house right now!"

You try to catch your breath as you speak. Your stamina is at its limit, but you don't have the luxury to stop and take a break.

Sasuke might leave anytime, so you have to hurry.

"I'm sorry, (name). But sasuke-kun left home already."

Yuri's sentence causes you to stop running in an instant.

He... what?

"Sasuke-kun has left home since morning. In fact, i am with him. All of us are out of konoha right now. My parents, itachi-san, me, and sasuke-kun as well. We're sending him off."

Your heart twitch in pain as you hear her explanation.

Why, is it too late?

Is it all over now?

But, no. You can't give up just yet.

You still need to fight.

"Where are you going?"

"Umm... To the uchiha estate. The land owned by uchiha. It is our village and the main hq of our activities. Why are you asking...?"

"I'll tell you that later, yuri. But what are you guys doing over there?"

"To meet madara."

You startle.

Madara...?

"Sasuke-kun has finished his high school, so it's time to decide his future. We're going to meet madara and discuss about where sasuke-kun is going to further his studies, and also what his position in the company would be. And... we might also discuss about his... engagement."

Your heart immediately breaks into pieces.

Why is this all happening so soon?

It was just yesterday that he said he loves you, and today he's going to discuss about his engagement already...?

"B-but, why so soon?! Even itachi-san is not yet married, right?!"

"Yes, that's true. But he's going to inherit the company, which means that his main objective for now is to fully learn about uchiha corp. As for sasuke... He is needed to link uchiha with another powerful family, i guess. I don't know the details... but so far as I'm concerned, that's the case. I'm sorry, (name)."

Your heart shatters.

To link uchiha with another powerful family...?

That's the same thing that you had to go through, and the main cause of you running away from home.

You told him your story, and now he has to go through that...?

How awful!

"Listen to me, yuri."

You are determined now.

"Tell him, no engagement will happen."

You have to fix this.

"The only person he's going to be married with, is the person whom he loves, and the one who loves him."

You have to do something...

"And that's me."

If you want this story to have a happy ending.

"Please, yuri. I need your help."

Tears are falling.

"We must put an end to this."

You are afraid.

"Please, I'm begging you..."

But you know..

"No one should get hurt anymore..."

You want him.

Yuri is silent on the other side of the phone. It seems like she's hesitating, because she knows very well about how her grandfather is.

And it is going to be a great loss if you failed.

The damage would be huge.

"Yuri..."

You call out to her, as you know her doubts.

"Trust me..."

The final words cause her to smile. Being the persistent person you are, she knows you will do whatever it takes to get what you want.

There's no guarantee that you can change madara's heart, but there's no wrong in trying.

Because no matter how cold he is, madara is still a human.

And you managed to melt sasuke's coldness, so there's a possibility that you'll be able to melt him too.

Therefore, she makes her decision.

"I'll text you the address later, (name)."

You haul out a relieved sigh.

Then, yuri continues.

"Please, I'm begging you."

You simply listen.

"Make my brother happy."