Chapter 19

"(Name), you okay?"

Neji's question brings you back to reality. You just stare blankly at him.

"W-what is it? Were you talking to me? Sorry, i was somewhere else. Can you say it again?"

Neji and the others just give a concerned look at you.

"(Name), what's the matter? You look disturbed since morning. Is something wrong?" Ino asks, worried about you. You just smile wryly at her.

"What do you mean? I'm absolutely fine..." Your voice trails off as you notice that sasuke's hand is already on your forehead.

Wait. When did he get in?!!

"Your temperature is normal." He says, then bowing down to take a closer look at you.

"But you look tired. Did you get enough rest last night?"

You quickly turn red as sasuke's face is just an inch away from yours. Abruptly, you push his handsome feature to move farther.

"I'm fine! Just stop being so close!"

You shout at him, as usual. Sasuke then smirks and gets your hand off his face.

"Now that's more like (name)."

You startle.

"Don't worry guys. She just didn't get enough rest. She'll be fine. I'll keep an eye on her."

Suddenly, sasuke pushes kiba that is sitting beside you from his chair.

"Heyyyy!! What do you think you're doing?!" Kiba asks, absolutely pissed off.

"I said I'm going to take care of (name), didn't i? So this is my place. Just sit somewhere else. Any chairs beside (name)  is mine now. Understand?"

Kiba just stares angrily at the usual-cold-looking sasuke. Flames can be seen out of his nose and ears. But still, it can't melt sasuke's coldness.

Kiba can only sigh.

"Do as you wish, you bossy bastard!"

He then moves to sit near naruto across from you.

Now that sasuke is here, you can actually focus more on what's happening at your surrounding. If not, your mind would only think of what happened last night.

That 'her'.

You quickly shake away the thought from your head. No, you can't think about it now. Not now.

Sasuke is here and he is very good at reading someone else's thoughts. Surely you don't want that to happen.

"(Name), take a bread for me." Sasuke suddenly starts to order you.

"Huh...? Take it on your own. You have your hands." You answer him in your usual tone.

"But i want you to take it. I don't care what flavour it is, just take what you think I'll like. I'll only count to five."

Aand he starts counting. Frantic, you quickly grab a chocolate flavoured bread from the table and hand it over to him.

"Chocolate, huh... Good choice but i don't like sweets." He says indifferently and that really gets on your nerves.

"But you told me to take whatever, you jerk!"

"I said what you think I'd like. But you took chocolate and i don't like it. Now, open the wrapper." He orders you again.

"Why should i when you're not eating it?" This guy is super weird, seriously.

"Just do it. I'll only count to three."

And he starts counting again. Being super annoyed with him right now, you can't help but to just do as he told you to.

"Here." You hand over the bread to him.

And just like before, he doesn't take it.

"Now, eat."

You frown.

"Why should i?!"

"Because i told you too."

"I'm not listening to you anymore."

Sasuke smirks.

"Oh, you will. I'll only count to ten. Finish it. ONE, TWO, THREE,... "

He is counting with threat in his voice. You can't help but to feel a shiver runs down your spine at his intonation. Before you realize it, he's already at five.

"Alright, i will!"

You quickly finish the bread as per his order. And your mouth is full, you can't even talk.

Suddenly, sasuke laughs.

You are completely dumbfounded, especially with a whole bread in your mouth. So does the others that have been watching from the start.

What the hell does this guy think he's doing?!

"Is it that hard to eat that i need to force you to do so?"

His question silences you.

"I don't know what's bothering you, (name). But you must eat. You don't want to sit in class with growling stomach, do you?"

You can't answer him.

Of course, one of the reason is because of the bread in your mouth, but you are also left speechless at his concern towards you.

Wait, he IS concerned about you, right?

Out of the blue, temari laughs.

"So even sasuke knows how to get worried about someone now. I'm surprised. You are really something, (name)."

She mutters those words cheekily. You can only growl at her.

"Don't misunderstand. I'm not worried about her or anything. I'm just repaying her. That's all."

"Yeah, right. Says someone who never actually cares about anybody else."

Kiba adds.

Sasuke sighs. He then gets up and slowly makes his way to the door.

"Forget it. Explaining to you guys will only waste my time. I have some work to do. Bye."

And he is out of the room.

"Tch. That jerk. Always run when we talk anything about him." Says naruto.

"Well, that's sasuke for you." Temari interjects.

After that, ignoring the absent sasuke, everyone continues their chatters and laughters in the room, except for one.

A pair of green eyes fixes its gaze on you. The eyes that is full of mixed feelings.

Jealousy, anger, sadness.

Everything.

Those eyes has noticed something that the owner doesn't like. She clenches her fist.

'Sasuke has absolutely changed.'