Chapter 24

"Sit still."

Sasuke says sternly, as he sits you on a chair inside the room. Both neji and shikamaru are sleeping soundly. They somehow look so cute, sleeping like that.

Suddenly, you can feel sasuke touches your hair. You immediately respond by slapping his hands away.

"What do you think you're doing? Touching my hair like that..."

Sasuke sighs.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm going to modify your hair."

"What?! Why?"

Sasuke's eyes stare deeply into yours.

"Look, (name). I know that you aren't able to sleep because you're worried about the rule regarding your hair. You want to hide your face, isn't it?"

You startle.

How does he...

Without waiting for your reply, sasuke's fingers run through your hair slowly. His touch is so soft and smooth that you can't help but to feel comfortable.

"I'm trying to help you over here. So don't be such an air head and refuse my assistance. I'm not that kind to help just anyone, you know. You better feel lucky and be grateful."

He mutters those words in a low voice, sounding so harsh, but at the same time, feeling so kind.

Before you realize it, sasuke has been combing your hair and cutting a little of your bangs. You remain quiet, sitting still as he requested.

The silence goes on for a while, and that makes both of you uncomfortable. Fidgetting, you try to find a topic to talk about.

"H-hey, sasuke. Why do you care so much about me?"

Sasuke's hands stop moving for a while. Short after, he carries on what he was doing just before.

"What do you mean?"

He asks indifferently, not sounding interested.

"No... I mean, you could've just ignored me, you know. It's not like I'm bothering you, aren't i?"

"It is."

You startle at his answer.

"It bothers me. Because i know. If i don't know, then i wouldn't care. But i do, that's why i care. But don't misunderstand. I'll do this to any of my friends if they're troubled. Not just you, alright."

You haul a deep breath.

"Right..."

That word comes out of your mouth unconsciously.

Why...?

Why do you feel so disappointed hearing him said that?

"Anyway, mind if i ask you something?"

Sasuke suddenly speaks, and that surprises you a little.

"Wh-what is it?"

You are worried at what kind of question he's going to ask you, but you're also curious. Sasuke stays quiet for a while, then he looks into your eyes with a serious expression.

"Why are you so desperate to hide your face?"

The question pierces through your heart. You are silenced, not able to say anything.

Why...?

"I'm not forcing you, you know. But you can trust me. I won't say a word to anyone. I can even help you if you need it. So just, trust me and share what you can share."