Chapter 59

"Wh-what's wrong? Do i look weird?"

You ask, feeling insecured as gaara keeps staring at you.

The red-haired male simply blush at your question and moves his eyes away.

"N-no... You're not."

He then takes a glance at you again.

"You're just... So cute..."

Now, it's your turn to blush at his words. How can he say something so straightforward?

"W-well... Thanks."

And the situation becomes awkward again.

Both of you don't know what to say, only fidgeting while your eyes keep looking here and there.

Oh, this is uncomfortable.

"S-so, (name),"

"Yes?"

"Um.. Where do you want to go first?"

Gaara asks, and that makes you think for a while.

You don't know the area you're in, and you also don't know what's interesting here, so that question is somehow out of your league.

So you just stare at him blankly.

"I... Don't know. I've never been here, remember?"

Gaara startles.

"Oh, right... I'm sorry, i forgot. A-anyway, let's just keep moving. I'll take you for a walk around the town first. Is that okay with you?"

You smile at him.

"Yes, of course."

Your answer makes him feel relieved.

"Very well then... Let's go."

He offers you his hand and you take it. Then, both of you walk together, hand in hand to wherever he wants to bring you.

************************************

"That was awesome!"

You exclaim cheerfully, after you've finished the food in front of you. Gaara also smiles when he sees you so happy.

"I'm glad if you like it." He says.

"Like it? I love it! This is so tasty!"

You blurt at him excitedly.

Gaara immediately blushes when he sees your smile.

He averts his eyes from you so that you won't catch him red faced. It's embarassing.

"Gaara."

He startles when you suddenly calls his name.

"Y-yes?"

You smile at him.

"Thank you."

His heart skips a beat.

"I know it's hard to think of a suitable place to bring me, but still, thank you. Our walk so far is so fun and the food here is amazing. You worked hard, gaara."

The red-haired male becomes speechless when he hears your compliments. It makes him feel so happy that he can't even describe it.

Gaara just remain silent. He's afraid that if he dares to speak, he'll just end up confessing to you.

And he knows that it's still early for that.

"Gaara? You okay?"

You ask him, being concerned with his sudden quietness.