Chapter 12

'Who is this guy?!'

The question echoes in your mind a few times. You don't remember seeing anyone in this house except for temari.

Or maybe...

'Is this her brother?! I feel like she told me about one before.'

Suddenly, you realize that both of you have been staring to each other for too long.

"S-sorry! Do you want to use the toilet?"

Your question brings the red haired boy to reality.

"Uhh... Yes."

He answers you, quite startled.

"Alright. I-I'll get out. Excuse me."

You walk past him and go out of the toilet. Just when he is about to close the door, you remember something.

'My spectacles!'

You turn and try to push the door before he shuts it, but to your surprise, he sees you turning and opens the door to you.

You push nothing, but the air.

'Oh, crap! I'm falling!'

You shut your eyes.

"Arghhhh!!!"

The scream is the only thing that manage to slip out of your mouth as you fall.

.
..
...

"Are you okay?"

Slowly, you lift up your eyelids. Then, you realize that you didn't fall onto the floor, instead you fall into the guy's arms.

Your cheek turns red as you realize the sensitivity of your position.

"S-sorry. I..."

You tilt your head to look at the boy, but you're stunned as your sight is greeted by his green eyes.

Both of you stand still, unable to move as if your feet have been nailed to the ground.

Suddenly, you hear footsteps from out side of the toilet.

"[Name]!!!"

A familiar voice shouts.

'Oh crap, it's sasuke!'

Briskly, you grab your spectacles from the sink and put in on.

"What happened?! You hurt?!"

He stops for a while when he sees you with a guy in the toilet. Temari is with him.

Suddenly, the situation turns awkward. None of you speak anything.

"What's all this noise about?"
Shikamaru's voice is heard coming your way.

"Did something happen?"
Neji is coming after him.

Again, all of them startled when they see both of you in the toilet.

Great.
Now they must've totally misundertand.

Temari's face suddenly turns red. She looks so scary that you can see flames growing out of her body.

"Gaara... What the hell do you think you're doing?" Temari says, her voice trembling in anger.

"I don't remember teaching you anything about peeping, didn't I?"

She flashes a smile that is creepy enough to make all of your hair stand.

The boy named gaara has already turned pale by the time you turn to look at him. Beside temari, sasuke is glaring at you both sharply, his eyes don't waver a bit. Somehow, in those eyes, you can see that he's... Mad?

"I'm so sorry about this, (name). Guess I'll teach this useless brother of mine a lesson."

Temari grabs her brother's arm and squeezes it a little as a sign for him to follow her.

Feeling at guilt, you pull the guy's other arm to stop him before temari drags him away. Everyone is shocked by your action.

"S-sorry, temari. Seems like you've misunderstood. He didn't peep on me or anything. It's just that, I almost fall, that's why I screamed. But he saved me. He didn't do anything wrong."

You tell her what actually happened.

"Y-yeah... And the toilet in my room is broken, remember? That's why I was about to use this one." He also speaks.

Relieved, temari hauls out a heavy sigh and releases her brother's arm.

"Seriously... I totally thought that my brother has done something stupid. Anyway, we're glad you're not hurt. Right, sasuke?"

She asks him, but he shows no respond. Instead, his gaze is fixed on your hand that is holding gaara's arm.
Again, he looks so... Mad?

Slowly, you pull your hand back.

"So much fuss over something like this. So stupid."

Sasuke turns his back towards you and walks away.

Temari stares at him quizzically.

"He says that, but he was the one who got up quickly when he heard you scream. So weird."

"...What a pain. And here i thought that someone actually got hurt." Shikamaru scratches his head.

"Anyway, I'm glad you're okay." Neji adds.

You just smile awkwardly at their reaction.

Suddenly, you notice that gaara seems to be fidgeting about something. You turn to look at him.

"Sorry... But i want to use the toilet. Can you get out?" His words turns you red in embarrassment.

"Y-yeah. S-sorry."

You walk out of the toilet and all of you make your way again to the study room. By the time you are there, sasuke has already packed his stuff and is about to leave the house.

"Sasuke? Where're you going?" Temari asks, confused just as you are.

"Home. Sitting with all of you won't bring me anywhere. You slow me down."

His words startle all of you.

"Oh, and by the way, I've taken all of your undone answer sheets. We need to submit them by tomorrow, but we're not really progressing. So I'll just do everything on my own. I'll finish them. Bye."

Sasuke turns on his feet and walks out of the house. You can only stare at him leaving, confused. Is it just your feelings, or his back does look... colder? So does his intonation just now.

"I thought he was in a good mood, but i guess not. Now he's mad. Ugh, what a pain."

Shikamaru complains and slowly packs his stuff. Neji follows. Temari helps them without a word.

But you can only stare at the door sasuke goes out from. Something seems to be bothering you.

'Is he fine?'