Chapter 23

You curl inside the blanket as you try to sleep.

But you can't.

Even just now, temari tried to remove your spectacles and demanded you to tie up your hair. You refused and she almost forced you to do so.

You barely escaped as you asked about gaara and she abruptly told you about him.

Well, there's a lot of unexpected stuff, actually. Like how gaara was so snobbish as he was so smart and how he was hated by so many people. Then how he met with all those konoha jerks two years ago and they changed him.

He finally became the student council's president of Suna High and that put temari at ease since he could make a few friends already. Then only she moved out to konoha.

But you couldn't figure out why she moved. You asked that question but she stuttered and refused to answer you.

Well, she said that it was because of someone and then fell asleep with the story hanging. You were curious, but also slightly relieved.

And now, here you are, trying to sleep but you can't. You couldn't figure out what should you do to cover at least, half of your face. But if you tie your hair, then that would be impossible.

'Bzzz... Bzzz...'

Out of the blue, your phone vibrates.

You look at the screen to see who's calling.

It's sasuke.

"What the hell does that jerk wants this late of a night?" You mutter under your breath.

"Well, I'll just pretend I'm already asleep and ignore his call."

And that's what you do. Ignoring the call until you missed it.

'Great. He'll stop disturbing me if he thinks I'm asleep, right?'

Or so that you thought. But then, a message pops up on your screen.

Answer your phone, you dumbhead. Don't pretend to be asleep. Or do you prefer that i barge into your room right now?

You get a goosebump as you finish reading that message. It might sound impossible, but if it comes to that duck-head, nothing is impossible.

Then your phone vibrates again. It's him.

Frantic, you quickly answer his call.

"Too slow. I almost broke this door of your room, you know."

"Sh-shut up, you jerk! What do you want?! It's 2 in the morning!"

You ask him, half whispering.

"You can't sleep, aren't you?"

His question startles you.

How does he know?!

"What? You just want to ask me that? You're seriously ridiculous, you know. Don't bother about me. Just go to sleep. Good-"

"Come out. I'm outside."

Your eyes widen.

"What the hell are you talking about?! Why should i?!"

You're half screaming as you're too mad right now.

"Ahh... So you prefer if i go and pick you up, is it? Wait a minute, I'll be there."

"Wha..? Wait! Alright, I'll go out!"

Sighing helplessly, you drag your feet to the door.

You open it slightly and are startled when someone pushed the door to make it wide open.

Who else was there except for that raven boy?

"Are you stupid? What if temari wakes up?!"

You scold him.

"Well, if that happens, then it's your fault. Who told you to be so slow."

You sigh again.

"What do i need to do with you, seriously?"

He lifts up his right eyebrow.

"You don't need to do anything. Just obey me and you'll be fine."

Huh. This guy is really something.

"Come here."

Suddenly he grabs your hand and drags you somewhere.

"Wait. What are you doing? Where are you bringing me?!"

"My room."

You can feel your heart stops beating for a while.

'What the hell...'

"No! It's against the rule!"

Sasuke is at his limit and immediately gets pissed off.

He pulls you closer to him and pinch both of your cheeks.

Veins can be seen on his forehead.

"Yeah, it's against the rule, but people won't know if you are quiet. What are you thinking inside that pervert head of yours?! Like hell am i going to do anything to you. There are neji and shikamaru inside that room. If you are loud, then they will wake up. So please, just keep quiet and trust me! Please, (name)!"

Your heart skips a beat again. You grind your teeth.

Why...?

Can you actually trust this guy?

Without thinking further, you slap his hands away.

"Alright. Just for a few minutes, then."

You say, averting his eyes.

Sasuke hauls a deep breath, calming himself down.

He then grabs your hand again.

"Let's go."