Chapter 32

Akatsuki Restaurant

You sat on the chair in the resting room as you take a break. A few of other staffs are also with you in the room, chatting with each other.

But you just stay silent.

Konan notices that you are not being like your usual self, so she shows her concerns.

"(Name), what's wrong?" She asks, sounding worried.

Then, deidara comes closer.  

"Yeah. You look like you're so out of it today, hm. Are you sick?"

He blends into the conversation.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, tobi coughs.

"What?! (Name) is sick?!!! Why?!"

He quickly puts his hand on your forehead.

"Shut up, stupid!"

Deidara slaps him on the head.

"I am just asking, you fool! That was not a statement!"

He scolds tobi, probably really annoyed at the latter's stupidity.

Tobi just rubs his head that was hit by deidara.

"How would i know if it's a question or not..." He mutters, trying to sound as innocent as he can.

You look at him.

"The intonation, tobi-san. His tone is absolutely a question. Why can't you even differentiate that? Anyway, you don't have to worry. I'm fine. I'm just tired, that's all."

Sasori then suddenly peers his face right in front of yours.

"Reaally...? Isn't it because of the duck butt?"

You startle.

"What do you mean?!"

"Oh! Now that we talk about it, sasuke-kun isn't here today. I've just noticed." Mei interjects.

"Oh. My. God. That must've been the reason!" Tobi adds.

"No it's not! I don't even care about him, so why should i be sad because of him?!"

"But, (name), we did not say that you are sad. We just said that you look different today." Tobi says again, teasing you.

"What-"

"Did something happen, (name)?" - deidara.

"You got into a fight or what?" - tobi.

"Well, if hidan knows about this, that boy is dead." - sasori.

"Oh-ho. Lucky him that hidan is outside." - tobi again.

"But really, is it because of him?" - mei.

"Of course, hm. No one else would be the reason." - deidara.

And then, all the probabilities and assumptions come out. In the end, you got really annoyed.

"STOP!"

All of them stunned.

"I told you I'm fine, aren't i?! Why are you asking so many questions?! If i say it's not him, then it's not! Why-"

You stop for a while to gasp for air.

"Why can't you understand that much?"

Tears start to form at the corner of your eyes. You clench your fist in anger, and you bit your lips as you try to hold in the tears from falling.

They are really insensitive to ask such questions when your heart has been really hurt since morning.

But, why?

Why does it hurts so much?

Even you don't know the answer.

"What is going on here?" Suddenly, a familiar voice comes in. It's yahiko and hidan is at his side.

Tobi gulps.

"Now we're the ones that are dead."

He whispers.

Hidan comes by to your side and is surprised to see you like that. He turns to look at the others.

"What the fvckin hell have you done to her?!" He asks as he holds in his anger.

However, no one answers him.

"Answer me, bitches!"

You hold his hand and look at him.

"Nothing happened. I'm just tired and they were noisy, that's all."

You tell him, even though that is just a lie.

Then, you turn to face your manager.

"Sorry, yahiko-san. But can i go home early today? I'm so tired and I'm not feeling well. I'll replace the remaining hours tomorrow. So please, let me out early."

Yahiko nods.

"You don't have to replace the remaining hours. Just go home and rest."

Then, you bow and leave.

You go to the locker room and pack your stuff. Now that you think of it, this is the first time in two months that you're going home without sasuke. You are so used to have him by your side, accompanying you home everyday.

But now, he's not here.

The fact that he doesn't come today hits you like a huge tsunami. You are hurt, but unable to do anything about it.

"He must've forgotten all about me since he has yuri back." You whisper under your breath, your voice is shaky as the tears threaten to drop.

It's okay if he loves her so much. It's okay if he needs her more than you in his life. It's okay if he's happy and you're alone.

It's okay.

But...

'Why does he have to forget about me so soon?'