Chapter 58

Temari sits on the bench in the park while stroking shikamaru's head that is on her lap.

Her body is there, but her mind is somewhere else. Her heart is filled with anxiety and worries over her brother, so she has no choice but to think of what will happen.

Shikamaru is being silent, but of course, he notices the change of attitude in his girlfriend. Even though she was the one who asked to go out, her spirit is gone during the walk. Her mind is somewhere else, even now.

Shikamaru sighs.

"Why are you messing your own head?"

His question drags temari back to reality.

"What?"

She asks, confused.

Shikamaru then slowly sits up and fixes his hair a little. Then, he continues.

"You were thinking about gaara and (name), aren't you?"

Temari frowns as she hears that question. It's true, she can't deny it.

She doesn't even answer, but shikamaru understands already.

"Why, temari? What disturbs you?"

He slips his arms into temari's back and puts her head on his broad shoulder.

Then, he pats her head gently.

"You can always tell me, you know. Just tell me. It ia a huge pain in the ass to see you like this."

Temari giggles a little listening to his words. He wants to do something kind, but still inserts his own trademark in the sentence.

Well, that's what makes him shikamaru.

"I don't know..."

Temari starts to answer the question. Thinking about this problem again makes her feel troubled.

Shikamaru remains silent, giving her the time she needs to explain.

"I don't know if it's just my feelings, but i think, gaara has fallen for (name)."

Shikamaru is slightly surprised at the statement, but he somehow able to stay calm. At times like this, he needs to be reliable.

"So why does that worries you? (Name) is a kind girl, we all know it. So what's the problem?"

Temari sighs.

"The problem is that, (name) loves sasuke."

Shikamaru startles.

He can't hide the shock anymore.

"What do you mean?"

The question spontaneously comes out of his lips.

Temari lifts up her head from shikamaru's shoulder and looks at him in the eye.

"It's the truth. And i believe, sasuke also feels the same way."

Oh, no.

One more shocking news to listen to.

"What do you mean? They fight all the time. How can they possibly love each other?"

"We also fought all the time, shikamaru. So how did we fell in love with each other?"

Silence.

No answer to that.

Shikamaru immediately becomes speechless.

Right then, temari continues.

"Have you ever noticed that sasuke always paid more attention towards (name), shikamaru? All this while, he picked a fight with her, bullied her, messed with her. He had never done any of that towards anyone else. Not even yuri. So why else do you think he did that?"

Shikamaru is still quiet. He doesn't know what to say.

Everything temari says is true, he can't fight her.

Then, temari goes on.

"I'm worried, shikamaru. I'm worried that gaara will get hurt in the end. I won't blame (name) or sasuke because i know, we can't choose the one we want to love, but if i can, i want to stop him from being hurt. I'd like to avoid it."

Shikamaru sighs.

He understands her worries. He knows, since gaara is her brother.

No one would be calm when their siblings are about to get hurt.

Shikamaru turns to look at temari that is wearing a sad expression. She is a high-spirited woman, so she is always cheerful and energetic. But to see her like this, is a rare occasion.

"You don't have to worry."

He speaks, causing her to be shocked. Temari just stare at him confusingly.

"We don't know what will happen in the future, but whatever happen, is for a reason. It's okay, temari. Sometimes we need to get hurt to grow. His life is his journey. The hardships he go through will help him to become better in future. Look at how he is right now, so different from the past him. Maybe, if he were to grow much more, he'll be much better. Don't you think so?"

Shikamaru's words make temari thinks for a while.

"I know it's risky, but if things get too hard on him, we'll be there for him. He's never alone to begin with. He has a sister like you, and a future brother in law like me, so he's lucky."

Temari's lips curve to form a smile when she hears his words.

"What do you mean future brother in law?"

She hits his shoulder softly.

Shikamaru just smirks.

"Why, it's true, isn't it?"

"Shut up."

Temari slightly blushes when shikamaru teases her. It was so sudden, she can't get over it.

Meanwhile, the male slightly feels better when he sees her smile. It's soothing.

"Anyway, what I'm trying to tell you is that, you don't have to worry. Gaara is strong, just like you. So believe in him and his joirney. Alright?"

Temari stares into the eyes of the man she loves. It's great how he attempts to make her feel better, even when everything is a huge pain for him.

It's touching.

"Alright then."

Temari smiles.

"I'll believe you and see what will happen."