Chapter 39

It is a cold night.

Christmas is tomorrow and tonight her family is having a huge business party to celebrate it.

But still, despite the feisty celebration, she is not feeling happy enough.

Something is disturbing her thought that she is unable to enjoy the party.

"What are you doing sitting all alone in this cold weather? Everyone is having a lot of fun inside, you know."

Temari puts on a wry smile as she listens to the familiar voice nagging at her. She looks up to see the boy with an annoyed face standing beside her.

"I am just trying to escape the hectic hall. Never mind me, what are you doing here? I thought that you hate the cold."

Shikamaru rubs the back of his head.

"Well... I do hate cold weather a lot... But i saw you sitting here all alone. I just felt the urge to come."

Temari giggles.

"So you are concerned about me, is it? What an honour."

The male couldn't help but to sigh at her sarcasm.

"That's not it..."

He slowly takes a seat beside her on the bench.

"I'm just curious, that's all."

"Say whatever you want, shikamaru. You are sitting with me in the cold now."

"Yeah, yeah... I am."

Both of them stay quiet for a while. Neither of them say anything.

The silence remain for some time until temari comes up with a topic to talk about.

"Hey, shikamaru."

"Hm?"

"Do you remember the first time we met?"

Her lips form an upward curve as the memory of their first encounter a few years ago comes flooding into her mind again.

Meanwhile, shikamaru just sighs.

"Of course i do. That troubling moment."

He seems troubled by that memory.

Temari only laughs at his reaction.

"Just what is not troublesome to you, huh, shikamaru?"

The black haired guy just shrugs his shoulders.

"Who knows..."

Temari laughs again at his silliness.

"You are amazing, you know. Despite being so lazy and annoying, you are a genius. And you actually have a likable personality which is impossible for someone like you."

"Wait. Are you complimenting me right now?"

Shikamaru asks in confusion.

"Of course! Why do you ask?"

He takes a side glance at her.

"Because it sounds like an insult."

The comment bursts temari into laughter again.

She is easily entertained whenever it comes to shikamaru. Everything about him is unique for her. She even thinks that shikamaru is a very weird person.

That's why he is so attractive.

"Do you remember what happens at that time?"

Temari's question makes shikamaru reminisces about the past again.