Chapter 38

"Here."

Sasuke hands over a cup of hot coffee to you, since it is very cold.

Without saying anything, you take the cup from him and drink a bit of it.

Right now you are in a play ground not far from the site of the festival. Sasuke has dragged you here in attempt to escape from the sea of humans. Like usual, he hates crowds.

Sasuke sits right beside you and takes a sip of his coffee.

"You are incredibly quiet today. What happened?"

He asks, sarcasm can be heard from his voice.

You simply shake your head.

"Nothing."

That is the only word you are able to mutter.

Sasuke sighs.

"Why? You are too amazed by itachi? Is that it? You think he's handsome? Is it?"

"No! It's not that!"

"Then, what? You fall in love with him already?"

His sinister intonation is really getting on your nerves. You just glare at him angrily.

And suddenly, sasuke scoffs.

"Now, that is the face that i want to see. How long has it been since you glared at me? A week?"

You bit your lips in anger, trying to calm yourself down.

Without answering him, you turn to face the empty playground in front of you.

You take a deep breath and try to start a conversation.

"What happened? I thought you told sakura that you didn't want to come. So why are you here?"

It takes you a lot of courage to ask him that question. Well, you are curious indeed.

"Because of you."

His answer makes you choke on the coffee you are trying to drink.

You immediately look at him in shock.

"What the hell is that?"

But instead of smirking or laughing, he just stare at you with a serious face.

"It's true. I'm serious. When sakura said that you are here, i immediately turned of my phone and rushed here."

You are unable to say anything due to shock. You can only stare at him in disbelief as he exchanges your stare with a serious expression.

He is not making it up. He means all the words he said.

Both of you remain quiet for a while. Then, sasuke changes his gaze to the empty park.

"I have been thinking about this for a few days. Why are you avoiding me? The last time we talked, you ran away just like that without telling me why. I tried looking for you again after that but i couldn't find you. Then, kakashi sensei said that you went home already. I was devastated, you know. But then, i couldn't stop thinking about that. I ended up trying to find the relation between yuri and why you were so mad at me."

Sasuke stops for a while.

In that brief moment, your adrenaline spreads over to your body, making your heartbeat increases and your body tenses up.

You are so nervous, you can't describe it.

"S-so... Did you figure it out?"

At the utterance of the question, sasuke smirks.