Prologue Part 1/2: A Little Rose

Off the coast of the Kingdom of Vale, on a small island called Patch, you could hear children playing, three children to be exact. Their names were Yang Xiao Long, Y/N Rose, and Ruby Rose. Y/N was happy with his two sisters and parents until one day...

Y/N's POV, age 6

Yang: "Come on Y/N! You can do better than that!"

Y/N: "Give me a break Sis! There's no way I can catch you! Haha!"

Ruby: "You can do it big brother! Teach that meanie a lesson for stealing our cookies!"

You chase Yang around the house until you're both breathing hard. Yang's about to speak up, but you tackle her to the ground and start tickling her.

Y/N: "Ha! Take this you cookie-stealing monster!"

Ruby: "My turn!"

Ruby starts tickling you both.

Y/N: "Ruby why are you tickling me too?"

Ruby: "The way I figure it, if you're laughing so much that you can't eat any, all the cookies will be mine!" She says with an evil look on her face.

Summer: "Yang! Ruby! Y/N! Come here for a minute."

The three run over to their mother with smiles on their faces. Ruby gets there first as she's the only one not out of breath, followed by Yang, then you.

Summer: "Now kids, I'll be gone for a while on a mission." The kids look sad at this. "Don't worry, I won't be gone too long. Y/N, while I'm away, protect your sisters with your dad. You need to be big and strong to protect them, okay?"

Y/N: "Don't worry mom, I will. I don't want anything bad to happen to them. I'll protect them with my life like you and dad would."

Summer: "That's a good boy! Bye kids!"

All three: "Bye mom!"

Timeskip, later in the day

Tai: "Come on in girls, it's time for dinner!"

Ruby and Yang looked at you puzzled on why he only called them. Shrugging your shoulders, the three of you go in and wash up for dinner.

Tai looks at you with disgust.

Tai: "I don't remember calling you in for dinner. Go wait outside."

Y/N: "But dad-"

Tai: "No buts!" He then slaps your face. "Go outside. Now."

Y/N was confused on why his dad would treat him this way. Ruby and Yang looked at you, sad that you wouldn't be joining them for dinner.

Timeskip, after dinner

You're still sitting outside, waiting to come back in. Ruby and Yang come out with a plate of scraps.

Ruby: "Dad told us to bring this to you. We're sorry you didn't get to eat with us big brother."

Yang: "I bet he's just having a bad day! He'll be better tomorrow I bet!"

Tai: "Y/N!? Eat your food and then go to your room!"

The next few days were hell. Not only did Tai treat you like he did the first day, but things were getting worse. You were cleaning up in order to get Tai to appreciate you. You accidentally broke a plate and he punched you in the stomach.