20 - Stupid [Edited✅]

Start from the beginning

I nod my head in understanding.

The walls are beautifully tiled in white marble. The kitchen has an oven and a refrigerator on one side of the room. The cabinets are white. The draws are white. The floor is white. There is an island in the centre of the kitchen which is now empty because Vince is stacking half the table with a whole lot of food.

I sit on one of the high spinning chairs, watching him.

"Vince, what the hell are you doing?" I ask.

"We are going to cook and bake." he puts emphasis on we.

"Of course we are." I roll my eyes. "Do you even know how to bake or even cook?"

He looks around clueless.

"Of course you don't." I mutter.

"But you do and you'll be my guide." he smiles at me.

"I don't think this is a good idea." I shake my head.

"But I do." he smiles slyly at me.

***

About three hours later, it's 9:30 pm and the food is ready. We made Mac and cheese. I can't say we because Vince did everything, only I told him what is what.

We would've been done earlier if Vince knew what pepper and salt was.

For desert we made a mint fridge tart, jelly and custard and a chocolate mousse cake.

I don't know what we're going to do with all that dessert and food.

Now for the eating part.

Vince dishes me a plate and himself too of the mac and cheese.

"This actually looks delicious." he says.

I stare at it. "Yeah, I think we're going to need a doctor." I say jokingly.

He shoves me playfully, "Funny." I move the hoodie that I took off earlier on aside and sit on the chair.

"Ready?" I ask and take a fork, taking a piece of the food.

"Ready." Vince nods. We put it in our mouths. And chew.
My mouth opens slightly as it waters.

"Aaah!" my eyes water and I run straight to the dustbin and spit it out.

I whimper in disgust  then laugh, "What the fuck did you put in there?"

He spits it out himself and laughs, "I don't fucking know."

We stare at each other for a while. Then we laugh. We stumble around all the while my mouth is salty.

I think I know what happened...

"That's not the salt you dumb ass." I shout at him when I see him pouring the jar of sugar over the white sauce.

He stops and stares at me, "Well then why didn't you say so?"

"I didn't think I had to because the jar says sugar." I show him the salt, "This is the salt. And you only put a pinch in."

"Shit." he mutters.

"Yeah shit. Now we have to start all over again." I sigh.

"No no no. Don't worry. All we have to do is put enough salt in to make the sugar disappear. It's called balancing, darling. " he says and throws the whole 200g of salt in the pot. And way before I can protest.

"That was really smart of you Vince. Really really smart." I tell him sarcastically as I rinse my mouth.

"Of course it was. Vincent is a genius after all." a voice comes from the kitchen door.

We both turn to the door with our mouths agape.

"I- you - Eric-" my mouth runs dry at the sight of him. He wears an expensive looking grey suit, he grew a slight stubble too and he looks very tense and stressed.

He takes one look at me, shakes his head then leaves.

"Eric wait!" I grab him by his upper arm. He looks at my hand that's on his expensive suit. I retract it away fast.

"Just hear me out please." I start off. Then I say what I want to say. Or at least I try to. But my mouth runs dry. My tongue disappears and my brain goes blank. "...." nothing comes out.

He walks away.

I breath when he's gone. I turn around to Vincent. I try to speak but there's a lump in my throat.

"I- I tried." tears form in my eyes and I fall to the ground. But Vince catches me.

He always did. I cry on his shoulders.

Why couldn't I speak? I'm so stupid.

And how did this night go from fun to horrible?

~~~~~~~~~~~