Denial

After his fight with Lexi, Edward found himself in need of a drink. There was only one place safe enough for a criminal to reside in peace this late at night. The bass shook the walls of the Iceberg lounge as Edward stepped in. He moves past the immediate bar, to get to where he wanted. The exclusive VIP section of the iceberg lounge, a hidden loft upstairs where the rouges would reside. A room with purple velvet seating, a private bar, and hot orderves.

~ Edward~

"Cheers to Harley, getting us all the fuck out of that psycho bin!" Joker laughed, pulling some blonde girl onto his lap as I entered. The girl giggled, clearly drunk as her hands were slung around Joker's neck. I assume from the description of the girl who helped him breakout, this was Joker's new girl.

Harley wore a black tube top and red leather mini skirt. His arms pulled Harley onto his lap, groping her in front of all the criminals. I shake my head, finding it a pity that such a respectful doctor can make an imbecile of herself so easily. Falling for the Joker, surely someone with a PHD would understand how unlikely it would be she will be alive in another week. I sip my drink, ignoring how lovey dovey she was with that clown.

Hypocrite. You're just mad that's not you and Lexi. I roll my eyes hearing Ed's voice in the back of my head. As of lately he's become more vocal. Of course that annoying nerd would return without Arkham's foolish meds keeping him away. Unlike you, I don't believe in love. I remind myself, gripping the drink a little tighter. Sure you don't, His cocky voices replies as the nuisance he was.

"Hiya! You must be Eddio!" Harley cheerful smiles, waving over to me.

I groan at the nickname, there was no way I would have both her and the Joker get away with calling me that. One was enough. "It's the Riddler."

Her ruby red lips perk up in a bright smile, "OH The Riddler! I've heard so much about ya!"

"Of course you have, I am the most intellectual person in Gotham." I smirk proudly. Of course even Harley knew of my mastermind crimes. I am infamous.

"Are ya?" Her blonde pigtails sway from side to side as she tapped her chin to think about it. "Nah, I think Puddin has ya beat!" I look over at her like she is crazy. I mean you've gotta be kidding me, that clown, that fool has the intelligence of a child in comparison. She kisses her boyfriend's cheek, leaving a red marking behind." No, No, La la land girl mentioned ya once or twice before."

"La la land?"My mind wraps around what Harley meant. I cannot recall kidnapping the young actress Emma Stone in my past. I pause, finding it even more perplexing that the Doctor crossed paths with her.

Harley notices his confused expression. "Ya know, La La Land! Reality Check? The most vivid daydreamer I've met... Lexi!"

I tense slightly hearing her name, sipping on my drink once more. Harley didn't seem to notice my unease. She just carried on, speaking loudly and giggling. No wonder the Joker had a thing for her.

"Oh let me tell you that girl is one BAD DAY from losing her marbles entirely! As I was telling my puddin she's basically playing a game of hide and seek with herself." Harley sipped her drink, resting her head on the Joker's shoulder. Joker was too busy talking to Penguin and Dent to notice.

One bad day? How odd coming from the woman who seemed to have transformed over night. I highly doubt my Perplexity would change into a completely different person that quickly. Harley sparked my curiosity though as I recall she was indeed Perplexity's doctor. Maybe she can give me another piece to her puzzle.

"What do you mean hide and seek?"

Her attention span was too short for my questions. "I love this song!" Her distraction is some Beyonce song blaring through the DJ's speakers. Harley's bright blue eyes light up, eyeing the dance floor. Excited, Harley jumps up from her seat. She pokes the Joker, something few girls would dare to do. "Puddin! Can we dance? I love this song."