Doctors & Distractions

Behind the door labeled, 'OFFICE OF DR.CRANE', was a therapy session unlike any other. Of course Ed and Jonathan were close friends, so there was never any real session going on, but today was different then the other days. Instead of conspiring plots against the Bats, discussing other rouges, or brainstorming, Ed was completely silent. It did not take a PHD for Jonathan to know something troubled his genius friend. Two lines were apparent on Edward's forehead, meaning he was lost deep in thought. The simple give away was the amount Edward had paced since he entered. 29 out of the 30 minutes Ed paced in front of his desk. Finally, the master of fear had enough of it.

"If you don't stop pacing I will get my mask." Jonathan threatens, leaning back in his chair. A part of him hoped Edward continued to pace just so Jon could test his latest concoction and see his reaction. His scream is such a beautiful sound. Jonathan thought as he always found the results fascinating. It amazed him how such a confident genius can cripple into a crying fool with just one dosage.

"Riddle me this, what does everyone need from the wise, no one want from a fool, and everyone reluctant to take from you?"

Jon groans, tapping a pencil against his clipboard. "Again with these riddles Ed, we're supposed to be discuss-"

Edward puts a finger up, stopping Jonathan's lecture. "Advice, the answer is Advice." He mumbles the words 'she would have known that' under his breath, too quiet for Jonathan to hear. Perplexity was still in his head. He fails to place his finger on what exactly, but something about that girl bothered him dearly.

Dr. Crane runs a hand through his hair, looking up at his friend. He never understood why the riddles had anything to do with their present situation. "Are you saying you need my advice Ed?" The thought did bring a smirk to his face. Imagine, the all knowing Riddler needing something from him, how amusing.

"Of course not. I would never say that." Ed pushes aside the notion as ridiculous. Jon rolls his eyes in response. He might not has as high of IQ as Ed, but did have a degree in psychology.

"But you did just-" Jonathan starts to correct him when Ed interrupts, again.

"Hypothetically, I mean-What if-"

Jonathan smirks seeing the Riddler have such a difficult time phrasing a question. A rare occurrence, which Jon certainly did not believe he would see again.

"Ed, I feel like I am watching a tennis match right now sit down." Jonathan bluffs, moving to stand and get his needles. The bluff causes Ed to sit down immediately, putting his hands up like don't. Jon nods, "Now, your question?"

Ed opens his mouth to speak, but closely it sharply. A pause occurs as Ed changes his mind. "What information have you heard on a fellow inmate, Alexandria Deveroux?"

"I don't know." Jonathan shrugs, wondering why the name is important." She's Quinzel's patient."

"Come on."A look of annoyance falls upon Edwards face as he glares at Jon. "I learned more on her via her file."

"Please tell me you didn't use my codes, they do check that." Jonathan groans, running a hand through his hair. He did have an appearance to keep up, and did not need Arkham looking into any of his work.

" I deleted my entry." Edward reassures Jonathan as he stands up again. He recalls his photographic mind to reassure himself, he did in fact delete the history. "-if anything it would look like she did it." Edward eyebrow frays as he looks off in the distance in thought. but if they think she did it, they would move her away. "How much time would she get for that?"

Jonathan takes a huff of annoyance, catching on quickly to what was happening. "Is she who I have to thank for your antics. Ivy tried to informed me you had interest in one loonie. Here, I thought the lack of sunlight was getting to the plant." His harsh tone fell from his lips in an almost disrespectful manner to both Ivy and Ed.