Hello, how are you? (P.3)

"It's not fair! We all love him so much, and the only girl he ever looks at is you!" your friends complain, desperately eyeing the said boy.
"(Y/n), aren't your houses, like, super close or something?" one of them added in. You internally sighed and visibly scowled.

Oh great, now I won't hear the end of it.

"Yeah, I bet you get to see him outside of studies too!"
Sighing, you put away your textbook and took out a juice pouch, paying no attention to the rambling girls in front of you. They stared as you slurped away at your straw, all too casually. You hadn't so much as given them a shred of your attention, and as a result, one of them growled and called out your name.
"Hey, (y/n)! What's your deal?!"
Shoto heard the girl's tone and looked at your direction, watching you get put on the spot. You pouted and finally faced them, rising from your seat as you slammed your hands on the desk.
"All you guys ever talk about is Todoroki! You get mad at ME whenever we're breathing the same air, and we don't even talk to each other! By now, it's pretty obvious you're all just hanging out with me because I'm the 'closest' to him!"
As you emphasised "closest" with mocking quotations from your fingers, their faces began to sour. Shoto watched the two girls lower their heads, then walk away with the fact there was no point in staying with you anymore. The one left standing there in front of you was your supposed "best friend" of the three.

So...are you going to drop the act after all and stay with me?

You weren't dumb. You knew what they were really after from the start, but that didn't make her company any less enjoyable. She was there from the start like a real friend, and you would forget that it was just an act. It was a small price to pay to have a friend.
But now the boundaries were pushed, and it couldn't be helped. Now here she was with you again, but about to leave.

Is she going to stay?

"So that's how it's going to be? I finally call you out on your real intentions, and you're just going to walk away?" you seethed, pursing your lips. She returned it by silently scowling, with a following "tsk" to match the mood, and walked away to follow her other friends.
You looked down at your desk as she left with an irritated, angry frown.
"Fine by me," you mumble, hiding the feeling of...deception. It just couldn't be helped.
As quiet as your voice was, Shoto heard it loud and clear. He glanced at the girl's that once surrounded your desk, watching them whisper and gossip- until they met his gaze. He narrowed his eyes at them, giving the most ugliest glare he could muster; indicating they were no more to him than a nuisance.
They shivered in fear, quickly turning away having received the unpleasant message. It was, partially, his fault they treated you lessly.