Part 33

"-And there's three volcanos in Hawaii. I'd love to watch one erupt someday."
"But isn't that dangerous, miss waitress?"
"Yeah. Unlike me, I don't think you could fly over the lava."
"Well, yes, but it'd be a cool way to die either way."
"Ehehehe...right."
You gave Shoto a look saying "this is weird" as the waitress went back to get your guy's lunch. It was about past twelve in the afternoon and you went out to get a tour of different places on the island. You two would then stop to get some food. But something irked you. Since you two had arrived, nothing of his confession was mentioned. Not once. Like nothing had ever happened and your memory being the only proof it did.

Is this his way of letting me think?

Another thing was Katsuki. You never answered his texts and at this point, they kept piling up. It was like every hour a new message was sent.

"Are you safe?"
"Hey, are you ok?"
"What's going on?"
"Answer your goddamn phone!"

And then...

"(Y/n), I want an answer."

He left four voicemails and you refused to hear any of them. You weren't trying to be a jerk. It just came out that way. The truth was, if you answered him, then he would be all you thought about the whole trip.
You glanced at Shoto across the table to find his piercing eye's meeting yours. You smiled and all he could do was faintly return the favor. Seconds later, he looked down at his cup, and a serious frown suddenly burdened his face.
"Listen, (y/n)-"
"Here's your order! A (favorite dish) for you, and cold soba for the boy. Enjoy, you two!"
"Thank you. Anyway, what is it, Shoto?"
"...Nothing."

...Shoto?

------------------

"Tch. What a bitch."
"Dude, get over it. She's probably just trying to have fun. Don't get all depressed over a few ignored messages. It's alright, bro."
"What do you know, shit for brains?! It's obvious what's going on here!"
"... You think she played you?"
Katsuki looked up from his phone, his head continuing to rest on his folded arms, to Kirishima who was sitting on the opposite side of the table in the cafe. He glared at him and looked back down at his screen. He sighed and moped in his own arms until he dove face-first into them. Kirishima's mood took a downfall from watching his dear friend sulking.
"Pull yourself together. You'll hear from her again, I know it. I mean, she has to come back home at some point, right?"
"... Shitty hair for brains."
"You know, Bakugo... I don't think harassing her is going to make things better."
He looked at the hopelessly lovesick ash blonde in front of him, who was typing away at your contact, hoping you would at some point respond. The first few messages, you left him on read. Then after the fifth, you had stopped opening them. He was confused and thought something bad had happened to you. But realizing those odds were nearly impossible since Shoto was there to protect you, he was hurt. He came down to the conclusion that you had rejected him with completely ignoring his messages. He was so hurt, and felt played, but yet he still refused to accept that reality. He called and texted and got no answer. With each rejected phone call and text message, he was plunged deeper into light heartbreak.

I should've never told her how I feel.
She's a bitch.
Why doesn't she answer her phone?
...
I can't take this anymore, (y/n).

Those were thoughts that constantly invaded his mind, and he couldn't take it. Kirishima being the pure, angel friend he is, he noticed his explosive friend's behavior and came to his rescue. Without Katsuki saying a single word, he was able to figure out exactly what was going on in his head, and Bakugo trusted him enough to not deny.
"I can't just leave things the way they are, shitty hair. I'll harass her as many times as I need to for her to answer me."
"Sigh... Bakubro, I kinda feel bad..."
"Save it, Kirishima. I don't need your dumbass pity..."
He lumped his head back into his arms and continued sulking. All Kiri could do was watch.

(Y/n) wouldn't play him like this... There's just no way.

-------------------

"Wow, this shop makes me feel like I'm still back at home."
"Makes sense, considering It's a shop dedicated to anime. Why did you want to come in here? You're not an otaku."
"Well, it just reminded me so much of Japan, I couldn't just walk past it without giving it a little peek."
"Are you homesick, (y/n)?"
"... A little bit. It's nothing though, I really like it here in Hawaii. Even if it's not home, they're pretty similar."
"Oh."
"Hey, Shoto, this plushie looks just like you!"
You picked up a cupcake plushie designed with a red wrapper, white frosting and a cherry. It was soft and fluffy, and it sung a small instrumental lullaby when you squeezed it.
"That...plushie looks like me? But it's a cupcake."
"Well, I mean the colors are just like your hair. Look, even the tag is teal, like your eye! It's a perfect imitation."
He watched you hold it close and cuddle it to your chest. He was blushing, it was like you were holding his self into your embrace. It indeed looked just like him.
He coughed and pulled out his wallet.
"Do you want it, (y/n)?"
"Huh? Really, you'll get it for me?"
"I'll get you anything you want. That cupcake seemed to have caught your eye. Kind of like when I first met you."
"Er!"
"Um-"
"..."
"..."
"I'll buy it for you, (y/n)."
He held out his hand and with your burning cheeks, you smiled nervously and gave him the plushie.
"Thank you, Shoto."
"Right. Let's go."
On the way back to the hotel, it was silent. Although, it wasn't comfortable like it would always be. It was...awkward. You held the plushie close, covering your mouth while you nuzzled it.
Shoto had realized what he had said in the shop was reckless. Openly showcasing his feelings at the wrong time made you think about his confession all over again. It's been almost a week since you had arrived to Hawaii, taking tours of separate parts of the islands, and it's gradually been easing your mind of previous predicaments. But now, Shoto knew he had screwed up.
He glanced at you as he noticed you deep in thought. He knew exactly what was going on in that spinning head of yours. This was his doing.
He sighed and slowly tugged at your hand. At that second, you were taken out of your mind and met with Shoto's cold eye's. You blushed harder every second as he intertwined your guy's fingers together. Your heart was pounding and you could barely breathe.

I-I'm so nervous! Oh no, can he tell? H-How do I look?!

He gave you a visible smile, firmly yet softly holding your hand.

W-Why am I so nervous all of a sudden?

You smiled back with your pink stained cheeks. Looking at your heart clentching smile, his mind only revolved around it like earth's orbit. And looking ahead, your gentle, warm hand were his only desires. When did the little things suddenly matter so much?

(Y/n)... I love you so much. I'm not afraid to admit. You are the girl I'm in love with. I hope you'll feel the same about me.

You still held that big smile with doey eyes, with all of your warmth and heart. You happily took his hand and walked together by his side. As if it was where you belonged.

In that moment, I could feel Shoto's warmth. Then and there, I could hear his thoughts and his... Feelings.
Shoto...
If this keeps going, I can't stop myself from falling deeper in love with you.

--------------
A/n
Lemme know if there were any mistakes in the story plz.

W/c: 1355