Part 14

"It's December already? You know what that means, right Shoto?"
"Christmas?"
"Yes! I'm so excited. I wonder what kind of presents I'll get this year!"
"Ah. What do you want, (y/n)?"
"Hmmm...I guess I want a lot of things. Candy, jewelry, a puppy, or a vacation getaway! Or money!"
"I see. I'm not surprised."
"What do you want, Shoto?"
"That's a good question, but not one I'm interested. Like always, Christmas is nice just spending it with you and my sister. Although all I really want is to see you smile and be happy."
"Th-that's very sweet... I'll do my best to do just that."
While walking in the halls to get to class, you spotted Katsuki who was walking through the halls, in his delinquent style. He looked less scarier than usual so the knot in your stomach shrank a little bit. You ran to him, pulling Shoto behind you.
"Good morning, Katsuki. Although I didn't learn anything thank you for studying with me yesterday."
His cheeks heated up and his heart rate quickened the pace at the sight if you. It was dazzling. Your smile. He's been doing that lately, ever since he found out he liked you.
"Tch. My day was wasted on teaching you."
Your eye's widen a little, but was instantly replaced with your smile.

"Haha... Sorry about that," you laughed nervously.
"I'm never doing that again, is don't ask!"
He hoped you would ask him more often.
"Yeah, you made yourself clear. Sorry again."
"Whatever. Looks like icy hot is still clinging to you this morning." He glanced at Shoto, who stayed silent the whole time, right behind you. He looked back at Katsuki, with that face he always, always wore. "Good morning, Bakugo, " he greeted politely.
"Walking her to school like her damn mother, huh? Are you trying to be her bodyguard or something?"
"I guess you could say that."
"Tsk. No wonder (y/n) is a fucking idiot who can't do anything. You're always right there doing it for her."
"Katsuki!" You tried jumping in before getting cut off by Shoto.
"Watch your mouth. I'm going to be there for (y/n) whether she likes it or not."
"That's fucking sad. Sooner or later she's going to get tired of you."
"Katsuki, what's gotten into y-"
"See you later, (y/n). I'm leaving."
He sister-strutted away, roughly bumping into Shoto's shoulder in a not so pleasant demeanour. There was silence for a moment, leaving a little...empty. It seemed that Katsuki took the tension with him.
"What just happened?" you asked breaking the silence.
"...I don't like him."
"Yeah, I'm sure you don't. I'm sorry about that, Shoto."

He narrowed his eye's as he watched Bakugo walk away, then  pulled you in a tight hug, surprising you. "It's alright. It didn't bother me. Being beside you is all that I really care about."
"Sh-Shoto! People will get the wrong idea!"
"That's ok."
"No, it's not! We can get in trouble."
"I'm fine with that."
"But I'm not!"
With that, he loosened his grip on you and you huffed, pulling away. The two of you then continued to walk to class.
After Katsuki left you, he arrived in a fouler, saltier mood than before. He knew the connection between you and Shoto-you told him. But he only met you this year. You and Shoto have known each other for years, there was so much more you shared with Shoto. And just recently, it had started to nip at his nerves. He just couldn't compete. He cursed under his breath, and you then entered the classroom. You caught his eye's and stomped to him in long strides.
"Katsuki, what was that for? You dissed Shoto for no reason," you said to him, sitting down. He pouted and looked away.
"Tch. And? I hate him."
"Well, you made that much obvious."
"Then? He's fucking smothering you to death and because if that you're incapable of doing simple tasks."
Why did he even care?
"That's not a reason to be mean. Is something wrong? Why do you hate him, Katsuki?"
You inched closer to him and he began to get nervous.

Should he tell you?...

He took a deep breath and gripped your shoulders.

This is what people do when they have a stupid crush, right?

"(Y/n)!...I...." he cleared his throught, "...(y/n)...I-I..."
You had started to get confused with his out of ordinary behavior. You had never seen him so worked up. He took a deep breath, ready to shoot, giving the manliest face ever and letting go of your arms.
"(Y/n)!"
"Yes!"
There was no backing out at this point.