Part 15

"I love-"
"Ok class, shut up now. The lesson is going to begin."
Katsuki got cut off by Aizawa.
"Nevermind..." he mumbled.
He couldn't tell whether he was lucky or unlucky. You brushed it off and would ask him about it after school.
The class was in the middle of lesson. Katsuki couldn't believe he almost told you. His heart was pounding.

Holy shit!

He really was saved. He realized he wasn't ready to tell you. Or he wouldn't tell you at all. His face was still burning and all he could think about was how close he was. How close he was to doom.

Shoto watched the whole thing and was less than happy. The pen in his hand snapped in two. He was so angry with what he witnessed. Who the hell did Katsuki think he was? Shoto made it clear that he would be the one by your side. He knew Katsuki got the message. And now he knows that Katsuki has fallen for you. However, Shoto is certain he will be the one to sweep you off your feet. He would let Katsuki know his place.
"Shoto! Be my partner for stretching!" you screeched across the gym.
"Alright."
"Go easy on me, ok?"
The two of you got in your stretching positions and began.
"(Y/n), what do you think if Bakugo?"
"Hm? That's an interesting question. Although I was so scared of him before for a long time, I think I now realize he's changed. And besides, most of his anger is directed toward Midoriya. Other than that, he has nice moments that a lot of people don't see."
"Oh. Are you in love with him?"
"Absolutely not. I don't think he would be capable of loving anyone."
"Good."
"Why are you interested in him all of a sudden? I thought you didn't like him because of this morning."
"I'm not. But I want to keep tabs on him if he's going to be around you."
"Heh. That's so you. Anything that has to do with me, you're all over it."
"Why do you think that is?"
"Because we're pretend siblings?"
"... No, (y/n)"

~(time skip- end if school)~

Shoto waited for (y/n) to finish packing up; along with Katsuki. After he saw you two were done he walked over to you.
"Ah, Shoto! Are you ready to-"
"(Y/n), wait for me outside. I want to have a word with Bakugo."
"Uh..." you caught a glimpse at Katsuki, who seemed equally as confused as you. "Are you sure?"
"Yes. It will only take a minute. After this, I'll take you home like always." he guided you out the door and into the hallway before you could protest. You don't know what was going on. "Shoto, what's-" you were cut off when he shut the doors on you. "Hey!"
With that, Shoto walked back to where Katsuki stood. They both shot a long glare at each other.
"What's the big idea, half 'n half bastard?"
"... You like (y/n)."
Katsuki flinched. Was he really that obvious if his feelings? He was taken back how Shoto had actually noticed. There was no point in hiding it from him now.
"Yeah, so? You gonna tell me to stay away from her? Good luck with that."
"No. But I love (y/n), too. For a long time now. I want her to fall for me."
"I don't give a cherry filled fuck. It's up to (y/n) who she will fall for. And I ain't letting that be you."
"I figured as much. But I've known her much longer. I won't back down."
"Tch. Then I guess this is war."
"I suppose so. Good luck, Bakugo. I'm leaving now."
"Shove it up your ass, Todoroki."

You stood outside nervously. You knew they weren't fighting or else there would've been a lot more noise. But at the same time, it couldn't have been anything good. The door shortly opened afterward with Shoto walking out. "Let's go, (y/n)."
"O-Ok. Bye, Katsuki."
He only grunted in return.
"Shoto, what were you guys talking about?"
"Sorry, (y/n). But that's between me and Bakugo."
"What?! Since when were you guys best friends all of a sudden?!"
You looked at him while he strides through the halls, holding onto your hand.
"Trust me. We are far from it."

What's going on?