Part 26

Waking up in the morning was an easy feat that day, reason being the good mood from yesterday and mostly because the presents that would be waiting for you downstairs with your name on them.
Just like every year on Christmas, you got a ton of gifts from friends and family alike. You ate your fill and then retreated back to the couch in your living room to whatch Christmas specials. As you clicked through the channels, your phone made a loud 'ding'.
You got a new text from Shoto.
"From Shoto... I wonder if he enjoyed the cupcake I made him."

Shoto:
I'm coming over. There's something I want to give you.

(Y/n):
Yay! Ok

After about 5 minutes, you got the message that Shoto was waiting outside your gate. You put on some shoes and grabbed a nearby blanket so you wouldn't freeze to death from the cold. You wrapped yourself in the cloth and met Shoto outside and opened your gate.
"Shoto! Are you having a good Christmas?"
As you opened it up, you noticed in Shoto's hand was a medium sized red bag with your name on it.
"Christmas eve was boring without you. Here, this is for you. Merry Christmas, (y/n)."
"Awww, thank you, Shoto."
You opened the bag and inside was a bunch of tiny black and white boxes. You knew what they were. Following inside the bag was a bigger box of gormet chocolates.
"Oh my gosh, Shoto! This is..."
"You've been saying how you wanted more jewelry and candy. Why don't you look deeper inside."
You looked at him, then back at the bag. You dug your hand in as deep as you could until you felt an envelope at the bottom. You gently pulled it out and looked at it's design. Red and white with 'to (y/n)' written on it. You glanced at Shoto. He was looking right back at you, his eyes saying "open it".
You tore it open and what was inside nearly had you faint then and there. Instead, you reacted with a high pitched scream. Shoto smiled.
"You also said how you wanted to take a trip somewhere out of Japan. While I couldn't get us any plane tickets to far out in the US, I got us tickets to Hawaii."
"These tickets...Shoto... H-How did you...?"
"It wasn't too much trouble. After all, I knew how much this would make you happy. I talked to your father, and he didn't have a problem you going with me."
You screamed again and basically tackled him.
"Stupid Shoto! Always going far and beyond just for me.."
He held you close as you rested your head on the crook of his neck. He was always like this. Always, always, spoiling you rotten and always taking care of you.

But it was this moment that your heart fluttered... Just a little...

"Are you happy, (y/n)?"
"Dammit Shoto, what kind of stupid question is that?! Of course I'm happy!" You pulled away, "I can't believe you would spend so much money on me... I feel like a spoiled little girl..."
"I would spend more if I could. I think you deserve everything."
"Oh, Shoto..."
You looked down, averting his gaze as your heart began to pound. You haven't felt it beat so fast since yesterday with Katsuki.
"I have to go, (y/n). We're leaving two weeks. Before your birthday."
"Eh? So soon?"
"The sooner the better. I'll see you later."
He kissed your cheek and walked away with that blank expression of his. This moment felt so real. It was incredible. This moment... It just felt like it was really happening. More aware of this reality.
But there was one thing...
"Ah! I forgot to ask him about the cupcake!"

[Side story]

Shoto looked at the cute cupcake with a big 'S' on the frosting with multicolored sprinkles. His heart fluttered and took a small nibble of the cake.
"Hrrrmph!!"
Poor Shoto nearly died. But like a trouper, he ate every single crumb leaving nothing behind. As he saw his life flash before him, he mumbled his last words on the floor of his room.
"...De...li...cous..."