Part 28

"Waaaaa! Look at all these people, guys!" you yelled excitedly. You almost tripped until a strong pair of arm's catched you before eating shit. Your heart jumped as your eyes met with Shoto.
"Be careful, (y/n). Your sandals aren't made for fast movements."
"Th-Thanks, Shoto."
Katsuki growled sourly.
"A-Anyways, anybody up for some mochi?"
Katsuki grunted while the other hummed. The air was getting dense and you were on edge. But the three of you got some, anyway.
"Hee, hee! Want to try some, Shoto?"
"No thanks."
"What about you, Katsuki?"
"Hell no."
"Your loss. Hey, look! Why don't we do our prayers for the new year? I could use some good fortune! C'mon!"
You pulled the two males into a long line of people that were heading to the temple to make your offerings. There were children and adults alike, all waiting excitedly, the little kids jumping around. You chuckled and took a bite from the soft, bean paste filled treat, turning to the two boys behind you. They were silently glaring at eachother, to which you gave a crooked smile.

Of course they would.

"So, any idea of what you wanna do for the new year?"
"I'm spending it with you in Hawaii. After that, I will continue to look after you."
"Eheh... Er, right. What about you, Katsuki?"
"I'm gonna work on being number one. I'll show that useless Deku his place the hard way!"
You karate chopped his head.
"Shut up, Katsuki. Midoriya, looks like a super nice boy. I don't think he deserves to be treated so harshly by you."
"You don't know anything, little girl!"
"Who are you calling little girl, asshole?!"
"(Y/n), we're close to the temple. It's disrespectful to have that type of language in a sacred place."
"Yeah, Katsuki! So keep your mouth shut."
"Why don't you calm the fuck down and tell us what your plans are already?"
"Hmm... I guess I'll work hard to get stronger. I think my quirk is similar to teleportation because of how fast I can fly, so if I train hard enough, I can get super tough."
"Didn't you want to become a hero because of your mother, (y/n)?"
"Yes, that was the plan. Although, right now I'm really weak."
"Tch. That day I sparred with you, I think any villain can take you down."
"Hey! I've been thinking of ways to train myself, but I only know how to wield my sword."
"Well, if it comes down to it, I guess I'll train your weak ass."
"Really?! Wait, no, I never want to spar with you again! I got the most bruises I've ever had in a lifetime because of you tossing me around!"
"Then, (y/n), how about I train you?"
"Shut it, icy-hot! I asked first!"
"She just told you you're too rough. I can teach her in a better way."
"She can only learn from the best! I'm going to be the one to train her!"
"She made it clear, she doesn't want your help. I've known her much longer so, naturally, I know her better."
You were getting nervous. The level of their voices began to rise, and so would the attention.
Yes, it was true. After that day of sparring with Katsuki, you never wanted to fight him again. But now, maybe it was for the best. After all, you did learn something from that fight. As for Shoto, he did in fact know you better. You've seen how strong he was as well. You were certain his teaching skills would be much less rough than Katsuki's.
Right now, things were going to get out of hand. There was no other choice but to calm them(Katsuki) down.
"Alright, alright, that's enough. I'll...train with both of you. Katsuki on the weekend and Shoto after school."
Katsuki grumbled. "That's bullshit. That only gives me two days to beat the crap out of you."
"Language! And besides, your way more rough, so I think training with Shoto then fighting on the weekends to show you what I learned is fair."
"Tch. Whatever. If that's the case, I ain't going easy on you."
"Alright then. Just make sure to pay for my medical expenses when you kill me."
After endless chattering and almost two hours of waiting, the line finally started to move.
"Uwaaa! Guys, we're almost there! I already know what I'm going to pray for."
"Good for you."
You stuck your tongue out at Katsuki, in which he rolled his eyes in return. After waiting an eternity, you finally realized how cold it had gotten.

Brrr... Maybe I should ask the gods for a warm jacket...

"(Y/n), we're here," Shoto tapped your shoulder.
"Gasp! You're right!"
You ran inside the temple and threw in a 100¥ coin, ringing the bell then clapping your hands twice. You thought for a moment and then closed your eyes. Blocking out all the noise and chatter of other people, you were left with the sound of your voice in your head.