Part 31

"I'm in love with you."
"Huh?"
You tried to feel surprised, as if you didn't see it coming. But... You just did. All those times you told your friends, Shoto, that you two were like siblings, close friends but nothing more, perhaps it was just a reminder to yourself each time it was mentioned. While unsure of it, him telling you now that he was in love with you, you were acting as though you've never known, but deep down...you did.
"I... I know."
You lowered your head to face your lap, blushing, trying to avert his gaze. It was the same anxious feeling all over again, rushing throughout your entire body.
"Do you feel the same?" he continued.
You stayed silent for a moment, carefully choosing your words. You asked the same question to yourself again. Just what were you trying to deny his feelings for? Was it to preserve your bond? Were you trying to forget his love? What was it for? The answer was simple. But you didn't want to believe it.

I don't love him like that...do I? Could I reject him? But it doesn't seem right... And Katsuki...

Katsuki. Shoto.
They both love you. Trying to compare your feelings for them was no use, becuase in the end, you didn't know yourself. Maybe you had different types of love for both of them. Or you might be letting the atmosphere toy with your true feelings. You didn't know, at least, not anymore.
"I... I couldn't tell you..."
You could feel him staring. The furrowing of his brow. You didn't want to figure out your feelings like this right now, it was all too confusing. You started to feel cornered and tears began to fall down your cheek. It scared you and it overwhelmed your entire being. Shoto sighed and took off his seat belt to plop right next to you. He pulled you in a hug and rubbed your back, whispering how it was ok and apologising.
"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have cornered you like that. You don't have to answer. You don't even have to love me back. Just...at least for your sake, figure out what you want at some point."
You meekly try to push him away but found warmth and comfort in his arms. His touch.

This is not how I thought we would be starting our vacation...

Shoto pulled away slowly to look at you.
"I...why don't we just have fun in Hawaii," you dryly chuckle, "who even wants to think of confusing stuff like that, anyway?"
He looked at you and sighed once more.
"As you wish, (y/n)."
And just like that, the conversation was dropped. Done deal, saved for later. Acting like nothing happend.
How silly.
There's no way you could run away, anymore. The hands of neglected thoughts and feelings had finally caught you in it's grasp, you had become trapped. Forget the conversation? Just for the trip? Ridiculous.

Nothing is ever that easy.