Part 35

"I love you too."

...

Was it kind of a lie?

You shifted your body to your side in the soft imbrace of the bed.

...

...No. Shoto has been with me for a very long time. Why did it take me forever to realize? He's protected me and looked out for me for so long, the bonds we've forged are incomparable... Of course I love him. This isn't a mistake.
Shoto is good for me...

...

Or am I just saying that just to give him an answer?

You sighed and tugged your pillow.

"... What was I thinking?"

Knock, knock!

The knocking on your door disturbed your deep thinking, causing your eye's to eye the door, you knew who it was. Who else would it be?
"... Shoto?"
"I just...wanted to know if you were awake yet. It's almost noon..."
"..."
"..."
He didn't come in. As for you, you stayed put in that bed, and refused to get up and open the locked door. Could you face him?

<yesterday>
"I love you too."
"...What?"

....What am I saying?!

"I!- Shoto, I-"
"(Y/n)... (Y/n), you-"
"Shut up, shut up, shut up!! Don't say anything!" you screamed, frantically pushing him off you and backing away. Your palms held your hot cheeks and you couldn't even look at him.
"Sorry, Shoto," you stated softly and nervously, "lately, I just feel so strange. I still have a lot to think about, but this feeling I have for you... I think I might feel the same way you do."
He stared at your reactive figure, taking note of your colorful yet nervous expression.

She's blushing... But she looks so conflicted.
Just admit it, (y/n). If you keep lying to yourself and denying it, you're going to fall apart.

"Please, Shoto... I just want a little more time to think."
He was frowning, somewhere hoping you truly meant it to the bottom of your heart. He wanted to smile and say 'it's ok', but things were seemingly unchanging. You or him would say something to rekindle a faint romance between you two- and then not give eachother a proper answer. It was then back to square one.
And your feelings for Katsuki weren't something you could ignore either.

You hadn't left your room since that incident, which was considerate of him being the fact you guys only shared one.
You finally crawled out of bed and tip-toed to the door, but couldn't bring yourself to open it. When face to face with the wooden interference, you could feel his heat- the presence that belonged to him.
He could feel it too, that warm precision of yours, he wanted to touch it and make you forget all your worries. You slowly let your hand land on the handle, but going no further as you bit your lip. You wanted to give into your feelings and jump into his embrace, saying "I really meant it".

What was I saying- you thought.

Getting carried away with your emotions and blankly spouting words, something Shoto didn't deserve. For being honest and waiting for your answer while knowing he may get shot down, what he deserved was a true response.
He sensed you through the pesky door and somehow was able to figure it out from just the silence.
"(Y/n), I think we should talk."
"I know, but..."
You brought your hand to your forehead in spinning emotions, unable to figure out what to do. "I'm scared."
Shoto kept his eyes on the door as if he could see your conflicted expression.
"I don't want to lead you on with false feelings."
"(Y/n), open the door."
"But-"
"Just look at me, and you'll know for sure what you want. Just open the door."
"Shoto..."
His voice was low and serious, causing you to twist the knob steadily, pulling it ever so slowly. Seeing your full face, a sudden urge to pull you into his arm's crossed over Shoto's body, and so he swiftly grabbed your wrist, pulling you in and wrapped his firm arms around yours. Your body twitches to the sudden touch and your eyes widen.
"Sh-Shoto-"
"(Y/n), be honest with yourself already. What are you feeling?"
Your heart was beating strong and your body was stiff, acknowledging the butterflies in your very stomach.
"My heart is pounding...and I feel like your touch is something I can't live without right now..."
"Don't you know what that means then? You love me, (y/n)."
"Right..." your fingers clentched the fabric on Shoto's shirt, trembling from something you couldn't decipher. Entangled in many threads of emotions, why was your world suddenly shifting? You finally admitted your feelings, now where was your wave of relief?
And why is Katsuki still on your mind?

Right there in Shoto's arm's, it felt right. The tears that I choked back, they left me trembling helplessly in his touch.
I knew in that moment, I couldn't let it go no matter how hard I tried.

Katsuki...

"What's wrong, why are you crying, (y/n)?"- he asks so nonchalantly.

Katsuki...

"*sniff* I'm just scared Katsuki's never going to speak to me again..."
He furrowed his eyebrows.
"If he can't accept it, then he doesn't truly care about your feelings. Let alone as much as I do."

'Katsuki...'

Chanting his name in vain, waiting for a certain feeling. I call out to you in my head, but Shoto is still there in my heart, while you were nothing but a distant lie in my mind.

He pulled you tighter and lifted your chin, softly and tenderly kissing you in place of his explosive rival, how it was meant to be from the start. You leaned in deeper, hoping it would drown away the feeling of loss. And, to be honest, it did indeed replaced the sensation with something sweeter. His soft lips taking yours, it was meant to be. He loved you, and you loved him. You were his, and that was it.

Katsuki...

"I did it because I love you"

...

I'm sorry...

"Won't you be mine from now on, (y/n)?" he asks as he pulls away.
"... Yes. I love you."