Part 20

By the time you got home, you reviewed the list and nodded in your approval. Tomorrow you would go out to print the invitations and get the decorations and food. While the list was not too big, it was still quite a bit of stuff you would have to carry. You figured it would be a good idea to ask for help. And you knew just who to ask.

<meanwhile at Shoto's>

While Shoto was definitely not happy with you spending Christmas eve with Katsuki, but there was nothing he could do about it. If it were another boy, he would've made you reject him the second you told Shoto he asked you out. But Katsuki was different. He was at war with him. And he wouldn't cheat to win. Anything but cheat. Not with Katsuki as an opponent. Shoto had to come up with a move to counter Katsuki's. And it didn't take him long to figure out how to get his points up. He, after all, knew you better.

(Time skip to class in the morning)

"Katsuki, can you come with me today to help me get all the stuff for my party?"
"Fuck you."
"Great! I wanna go shopping right after school so no time is wasted. Today is Wednesday and the party will be on Saturday, so I only have four days to hustle!"
"Ok, ok."
"Eeeeeeeee! I'm so exited!"

(Another Time skip to lunch)

"Ok, so I'm shopping for the materials today! Go home without me, Shoto."
"Won't you need help?"
"Well... I already got Katsuki to help me."

Of course she did. It's always Katsuki.

You thought he was going to get in a sour mood, but to your surprise, he didn't.
"Alright. I'll walk you home tomorrow then."
You two continued to walk to class without a bitter mood. He would normally put a salty face at the mention of Katsuki, but not this time.

That's a relief...you sighed.

(Another fucking time skip to the store)

"Ok, you said you had a list. Whats first?"
You grabbed it from wherever you put it and skimmed through.
"Umm... Christmas lights!"
"Where are we going to get that?"
"A retail store of course!"
You two walked in to the store and your breath was taken away.
"Woooooow! This place is so big! And look at all this stuff! This place has everything we need!"
"Clam down! You're acting like you've never seen the inside of a store before!"
"Well, Katsuki, I don't go shopping that often. Much less at retail stores."
"Tch. Stupid rich girl."
The two of you skimmed through the entire store until you finally found the first item.
"Ahhhhh, I thought we would never find them!" you said as you hugged the box.
"It's your fucking fault we got lost!"
"Well, it's your fault you didn't want to ask for directions! We would've found them much earlier!"
"We don't fucking need help from other people!"
People walked by and whispered, giggling at your bickering. You, too, then began to giggle.
"Idiot! What are you laughing at?!"
"Hee hee, c'mon Katsuki. There's more stuff we need to get."
"Whatever. Whats next on the list?"
You two soon left the store with everything you needed, Katsuki caring most of the bags. You got only the most basic decorations with various lights. You even got a mini Christmas tree for the party. And for snacks, you mostly got sweets. But you made sure to get stuff like chips and popcorn, too. And for drinks, you got hot chocolate with the tiny little marshmallows and whipped cream. So you did have a lot of bags. About five in all. Katsuki caring three and you caring the two, lighter bags.
"Oooh, Katsuki, can we stop by that little store over there? It looks so cute!"
"Are you kidding me?! Look how many bags we already have! And just how rich are you?!"
"Please?" you asked, batting your eyes. He blushed and averted your face.
"Fine... Oi! Worker! Hold our bags for us, will ya?!" he shouted at an employee who seemed to be on a break. He surprisingly obeyed.
You walked into the store, and a sweet smell hit your face. Inside was little trinkets, jewelry, posters, candy, phone cases, and various accessories. The store was obviously directed toward girls. Young girls, about 13 or 12. But for you, it was love at first sight. Katsuki didn't feel comfortable in there, but he rather stay beside you than leave.
"Awwwww, Katsuki look at this phone case! It has a little kitty keychain attached to it, too! I'm getting it! Ooooh, and this tiny stuffed animal!"
"Jesus Christ..."
Unfortunately you had already spent a massive amount of money on the stuff for your party, so those would be the only thing you would be able to get in that accessory shop.
After getting your new stuff, you walked over to Katsuki, where he was waiting for you at the candy section. He then saw you coming.
"Great. More bags. Way to go."
"T-These are much smaller!"
"Let's go already. This store makes me want to hurl."
"Alright, fine you big baby. Let's go."
You sighed and made your way to the exit. On your way out, you spot the cutest necklace you have ever seen in your entire life. It had a thin silver chain with the first letter of your name on it with matching earings, decorated with many sparkly jewels.
"Oh my goodness... Katsuki look!"
"You gotta be fucking kidding me."
"Just look! Sigh...I wish I could've gotten this ages ago... It's so precious..."
"It looks stupid."
"You look stupid!... I really want it."
"The more you look at it, the more you're going to want it."
"Your right... Let's go."
Katsuki took one last look at it before leaving, you following behind him. He walked you home and helped you bring the bags into your house.
"Thank you very much, Katsuki. It was fun going shopping with you."
"Yeah, yeah. See you tomorrow, (y/n)." he flicked your forehead, then you touching the spot he hit afterwards. You giggled and latched onto his waist.
"H-Hey! What are you doing, idiot?!"
He felt his heart instantly race and a giant hue of red covered his face. But he rather die than push you away.
"Bye bye, Katsuki! Thanks again for everything! I'm very happy, you know that?"
He paused.
"... Yeah, w-whatever, I get it." his arms that were seconds ago laying on his sides, now on your waist. You, too, started blushing. But he couldn't see since your face was buried in his chest. His smell... He smelled like a bonfire and cologne.
After a moment, which Katsuki wished it would've lasted longer, you let go and say your last goodbyes. You smiled.

It was the first time you gave him a sincere, and meaningful hug...