chapter 10

Dear Ashton,

what did I tell you. you boys would wake me up because of your loudness. its fine though I guess. I went downstairs and no one noticed I was there, like I was invisible to everyone. what a wonderful feeling. this note is gonna be short, really short because I don't have much to say other than I am gonna apply for college

Bye Ashton.

-Cameron.

"Cameron come on we have to go get your forms!" my mother called up the stairs and I threw the notebook over to the other side of the room, running down the stairs.

I didn't want the boys to notice me because I don't think I could take it. it pathetic because one minute I want them too and another I want them to just ignore me.

its just I know Luke is gonna feel bad once he notices that I was here the whole time and he ignored me and I don't want him to feel bad. it makes me feel bad and I know im not making since but.

I passed my mom and headed towards the door but a hand stopped me.

"Aren't you gonna say hi to Luke?" My mom said.

"Nope" I got out her grip but she was already calling Luke's name and he paused the game him and the boys were playing and turned to us. he looked confused but once his eyes landed on mine he got up real fast and came over to me with that look on his face.

"Cam" he said and came over to me and wrapped me in a hug. No matter how much I didn't want to be touched being in Lukes arms made me feel better. I melted in his grip as he held me against his chest.

"im so sorry" he whispered

"don't be, you were hanging with the boys and I wasn't gonna bother you. im leaving anyway so have fun" I smiled and looked up at him as he looked down at me with those beautiful blue eyes. I looked down at his lips and he had his black lip ring pulled between his teeth.

I pulled away and smiled a weak smile and I looked back at his eyes

"I gotta go Luke." I walked out the door and my mom somehow was already in the car waiting for me

**

"Do you know where your gonna go yet?" Luke asked as he sat across from me looking at the packets of paper that was placed in the middle of us

"nope not a clue. but so far I think that King of State -Made up place- seems like a nice one because they have a great Photography program."

"do you have any pictures to send to them?"

"no not yet. I still have to get my camera fixed." I told him and he nodded taking the spoon from the tub of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream and shoveled some of the mintyness into his mouth. he put the spoon back and ate the ice cream in silence and then spoke.

"Well I still have that camera you got me. you could borrow it and take a few" he offered and I nodded.

"Thank you!"

"come on lets go get it" he smiled and grabbed my hand leading me to his car that was outside in the driveway.

**

"Alright so now what I need is something to take photos of." I trailed off and looked around my surroundings and my eyes landed on Luke. I grinned and pulled him over to the bush in front of his house that had dozens of purple and pink flowers dotted all around it. the white deck was just behind it and you could see the rocking chairs that were placed on the porch with a little table right between. I hug the camera from my neck and took Luke and made him stand in front of the bush.

"Okay now tilt your head slightly to the left and look down a bit and smile, showing teeth. Like the way you do when you get nervous around some one you like" I said and he followed orders and I stood back and held the camera up and lined my eye up to the viewer. I looked through and he was standing there perfectly and the bush behind him gave the picture more of a dramatic flare and the white deck made it balance out perfectly. I took the picture and once I did I let the camera hang from my neck once again and smiled over at Luke.

"Perfect."

I continued to take a few more pictures, using Luke as my model and taking a few of nature.

After I was done I walked over to Luke and hugged him tightly.

"Thank you" I said and he held me in his arms.

"Your welcome."

"I love you Luke"

"You do?"

"Your my best friend of course I love you"

"Well I love you too" he mumbled against my ear resting his head on my shoulder.