Chapter 198 - Harems are a Man's Dream (Fantasy!)

Mayuzumi was unable to resist against Seiji's "forcefulness" and could only comply.

That painful feeling in her chest disappeared, and she suddenly discovered that she was looking forward to tomorrow.

This caused her to feel embarrassed at her true feelings and her words just now in various ways.

'I'm really not acting like an adult at all,' Mayuzumi commented to herself.

Kaede was secretly a little jealous as she watched this scene unfold.

She wanted to tour the school festival together with Seiji as well, but since she was working as the infirmary nurse, that was impossible.

Just earlier during her conversation with Seiji, she requested that he help buy a few things for her and bring them over, which would make him come to the infirmary office again. Currently, having this much contact was sufficient for her.

Deep inside, Kaede was rather anxious. But she knew that anxiety was no good and that patience was necessary. Even slow, steady steps still meant progress to her.

Maybe the joke she'd made earlier was a little overboard, but it probably left him with a deep impression, so it was okay.

Kaede smiled in a friendly manner as appropriate of an infirmary nurse but hid her emotions from Seiji and Mayuzumi as they left the infirmary.

"That doctor... er, nurse was quite beautiful." Mayuzumi sighed as she turned to the boy beside her. "Haruta-kun, you're acquainted with her, right?"

"Yes, we know each other from before." Seiji nodded.

"Do you like beautiful women like her?"

"Er... I think she's alright. Why the sudden question?"

"I was just asking casually." Mayuzumi blinked innocently before posing her next question: "What type of girl do you like then, Haruta-kun?"

Three conversation options appeared before Seiji's eyes.

[A: I like the older, more mature type.]

[B: I like the younger, cute-looking type.]

[C: I like many different types and feel that each type of girl possesses her own unique charisma.]

Seiji couldn't find any words to express his current feelings at the moment!

If he wanted to improve Mayuzumi's favorability rating towards him, the correct answer was probably A.

As for his honest opinion, he was leaning towards C.

But C seemed a bit like a scumbag man's typical statement to him?

Hm, that was a mistaken impression. It had to be a mistaken impression.

"I... can't really say that there's only one type of girl that I like," Seiji responded. "I think that each type of girl has her own unique charisma, and none are better than the rest."

Mayuzumi scrutinised his face. "That sounds like something that the main male character of a harem manga would say."

"Urk!" Seiji received a direct impact and made a strange noise.

"Could it be... that Haruta-kun wants to create a marvelous harem?"

Mayuzumi chuckled slightly at his reaction and continued joking with him.

"Er... not at all!" Seiji denied hastily.

"Why not? Harems... aren't they what every boy dreams of?"