Chapter 194 - Lost

Mayuzumi was now experiencing just how scary boys could be in a different way.

No, more accurately speaking, she felt how scary the boy named Seiji Haruta could be.

He had suddenly praised a woman next to him with utmost sincerity.

It was clearly natural to him, and it obviously wasn't intentional flattery with hidden purposes; his words truly originated from his heart!

Mayuzumi, who'd received such an unexpected attack, felt like she had been pierced by a sharp arrow as her heart was moved.

She had never fallen in love before.

But she had imagined being in love many times before and could recognize that this was the beginning of love—romantic interest in a boy!

The female manga author's face turned red as her emotions became chaotic.

This child... Haruta-kun...

"Sensei."

"Eh? W-what!?"

"Would you like to play this?" Seiji pointed to a stall as he smiled.

His faint smile seemed so gentle on his handsome face.

'Is this... an added effect due to my fast heartbeat?'

Mayuzumi was dazed for a moment as she watched him.

He never gave her such an impression earlier...

Even though she felt that he was handsome and bright to the point of glowing, it was mere appreciation. It was much akin to watching a handsome idol on television: although she would recognise that the idol was good-looking, there were no romantic feelings involved.

She never expected that after her heartbeat quickened, looking at him again... felt so different from earlier!

Mayuzumi was experiencing this for the first time in her life.

Her heart was fluttering, and her face was flaming hot... how was she supposed to suppress this?

'I need to distract myself!'

The manga author hurriedly looked at the stall he was pointing at.

It was a shooting game commonly found at any amusement attraction. There were various dolls placed on a shelf, and customers used a very simple toy air gun from the front to shoot the dolls. If they successfully knocked over any dolls, they could take them.

"Those dolls are all custom-made and aren't purchasable anywhere else; they're all unique."

Seiji introduced the stall's specialty to her.

Mayuzumi also saw the same words being advertised on the stall's sign.

Unique dolls crafted by the students... the quality seemed pretty good as well, which would definitely attract customers as evidenced by the continuous stream of customers lining up.

'I want one...' whispered a tiny voice in Mayuzumi's heart.

"Okay, let's go—we'll give it one try." Seiji decisively walked up to the stall.

'He didn't wait for my reply... no, he must have figured out from my expression that I wanted one.' Once again, Mayuzumi felt just how considerate he was.

Such an amazing successive attack from him.

Not to mention he seemed to have zero awareness of it all... Honestly...

Seiji paid the money required for a try with the toy air gun.

"Sensei, come over here."

"Oh... oh." Mayuzumi obediently walked closer.