Chapter 164 - Brother Monogatari

Just why did she suddenly ask such a high-complexity question!?

A stream of forceful comments ran through Seiji's mind after he processed what he had heard.

What was a 'trap?' He could answer it in many different ways, but it was easy for it to be misconstrued as "a pervert who enjoyed wearing female clothes." This was a misunderstanding that Seiji didn't want at all.

It definitely wasn't because he had a junior that was a trap or anything! It was because as an otaku, he didn't want anyone to have a cultural misunderstanding about a 2-D element!

So, how should he explain it?

Before that...

"Shuho-san, why did you think of this question? How did you learn about this word 'trap' which refers to boys?"

"It caught my attention on television."

Okay, now he knew the source. It was most likely from some sort of variety program.

Seiji rubbed his chin as he formulated a response.

"A 'trap' is a boy who's very cute on the outside, to the point where he looks like a girl... that's the simplest explanation. And in the 2-D world... light novels, mangas, animes, and so on, this word has a deeper meaning. It's not necessary for you to know all the deeper meanings; it's fine if you just know the basic definition."

Yep, that was a good explanation.

It was simple yet left some parts unexplained.

Hitaka blinked in curiosity.

"A boy that's cute enough to resemble a girl... then should I treat a 'trap' as a boy or as a girl?"

Excellent question!

It was such a good question that Seiji didn't know how to answer!

Seiji's cheek began twitching slightly.

Treat a trap as a boy? That didn't seem quite right. As a girl? That didn't seem correct either! As a transgender? That was even farther off the mark!!

Transgender and traps were two different things entirely! They shouldn't have any relation to each other!!

Just how was he supposed to teach a female classmate about traps when she lacked knowledge about boys and girls in the first place!? He really wanted to go on the internet and ask for help regarding this question!!

Seiji never anticipated such a difficult question.

It was impossible for the current Hitaka to truly understand the charisma of a trap, so he had to choose one of the three above answers.

"You should treat traps as boys!" Seiji answered decisively as an indescibable light flashed through his eyes.

Yep, traps were still boys in the end. Biologically speaking, it wasn't possible for them to get pregnant or have children!

"Oh..." Hitaka nodded in apparent understanding.

So he managed to somehow get past the first question, phew.

Seiji felt as if he could now empathize with what a new teacher would feel on the first day of class.

Teaching her didn't seem quite as relaxing as he had hoped for.

"Shuho-san, if you don't have any other questions to ask, let me teach you about the clothes you wear first..."

The special one-on-one class for the red-haired girl began on this note.