Chapter 32 - Twin witches

Rion Amami and Kotomi Amami loved each other the most in the world.

Or, more specifically, the herself each girl could see reflected in the other.

Normally speaking, even identical twins would have at least a few differences. It was common for them to have differing opinions on certain subjects, and the things they liked and disliked would also naturally be different.

But the Amami twins had always been identical ever since they were born... In fact, they were completely identical, to the point of sharing the same opinion on everything, without even a single difference!

This was definitely an extraordinarily rare occurrence, and it could even be called abnormal, but they'd long since gotten used to it. It was even a source of pride for the twins, as it caused them to believe that they were special and superior compared to everyone else.

And they were indeed quite excellent.

Their looks were already top class, and, in addition to that, they were at the top of their school in academics as well as excelling in sports.

In their clubs, they were the aces of the choir club and karate club respectively. They'd also been receiving awards in everything since they could walk, and they enjoyed creating their own songs that became popular online. As well as that, they also live-streamed, and they even modelled for fashion magazines in their spare time. In conclusion, everything they did was outstanding.

Their entire school referred to the duo as the 'twin witches'.

When they had first started attending school, there were numerous boys who had chased after them fervently, but they had ascertained the true motives of each and every one of them while teasing and toying with their feelings. This ultimately resulted in them being bestowed with such a notorious nickname.

Unbeknownst to the other students, the twins despised all other men; the only ones that were slight exceptions to this rule were their father and younger brother.

They only truly loved each other and themselves.

"Kotomi Kotomi, what type of punishment should we give our brother?"

"Rion Rion, let's make him wear a bunny girl costume, and kneel and meow like a cat!"

"Okay okay! That sounds awesome and amazing."

"Yep yep! Let's do that, let's do that."

The way they talked to each other sounded like the meaningless repetition of two young children. This was because instead of having a proper conversation with each other, they just enjoyed the process of talking.

It wasn't important what they actually said.

They continued to embrace each other intimately, soft skin touching soft skin, and they chatted about meaningless topics, leisurely letting time pass by...

...

Hoshi Amami returned home.

When his shift was over and he had to part ways with Harano-senpai, he felt reluctant to leave just yet.

Not only was that because Harano-senpai listened to his frustrations and gave honest replies in return—even if he was so blunt that it hurt—it was also because Harano-senpai happened to be an otaku!

After discovering that they had similar interests, they had an enjoyable time chatting about various otaku topics.

Even though this was only his first time meeting Harano-senpai, Hoshi could only lament at not meeting him earlier, and he already considered him as one of his best friends.