Chapter 141 - From Now On

*Ding!*

[A character's connectivity rating to you has surpassed 100. You've received that character's reward card].

[A female character's favorability or connectivity rating to you has surpassed 100. You've now unlocked the 'Spiritual Power' statistic, as well as the 'Spiritual Abilities' option. You may now exchange points for items to increase your Spiritual Power stat and use Spiritual Abilities to obtain points or items].

[A female character with spiritual powers has a favorability or connectivity rating to you that has surpassed 100. As a reward, you've received a card for free—[Spiritual Ability activation card].

A few lines of text appeared in front of Seiji.

'Spiritual Power statistic? Spiritual Abilities options!?'

Seiji's system suddenly reminded him of its existence and helped him to come back to his senses.

Although he was quite curious about his new abilities, it currently wasn't a good time for him to check them out.

Seiji smiled back at Shika, who was smiling so movingly.

"Calling me that... seems a little embarrassing."

He softly hugged the girl and slowly pulled her closer.

Just like before.

"But... I'm so happy. I... don't even know how to express it."

He enjoyed her warmth, becoming aware of just how inwardly moved he was.

"You... remember everything?"

Shika slowly shook her head.

"There are still some parts that are hazy, but I remember the main parts..."

Seiji took a deep breath.

"Wonderful."

Those memories he saw as precious were recalled by her. She considered them important as well. This was the best outcome.

The two of them hugged in silence for an indeterminate length of time.

Seiji slowly let go of her as the tumultuous feelings in his chest finally calmed down.

Shika also let go of him.

Seiji scratched his face. "How did you remember?"

He was under the impression that she would completely forget everything or only have faint impressions. That's why... Ahh, it was too embarrassing to remember!

"Natsuya Yoruhana told me that you were the one who took care of me while I had amnesia. Seeing the items in this room gave me a strange feeling, and the maid here gave me some hints..."

Shika slowly and clearly explained things to Seiji while keeping her eyes constantly focused on his face.

Seiji felt that his face was beginning to burn up a little as she watched him with those deep, emotion-filled eyes of hers.

Wait a moment! Was this akin to some type of shameless role-playing?

He wanted to stop himself but couldn't... Eh? Was that the correct usage of this phrase?

'Forget it! Who cares? I'll just die in shame!'

"I thought that you'd forgotten completely, so I didn't want to burden you any further. That's why I didn't tell you..." Seiji paused for a moment. "But Chiaki, the silver-haired girl in your sketch... er, she always likes to wear the boys' school uniform, so Shika-chan... might've mistaken her for a boy when you had amnesia. At any rate, she pointed out that I was making a huge mistake, which was why I wanted to explain everything to you now. That's why..."