Chapter 113 - Reaper's Curse

Natsuya Yoruhana didn't pick up her phone when Seiji tried calling her.

Perhaps she was busy or resting. At any rate, this wasn't a good time for her.

Seiji gave up on attempting to contact her. She was probably worried about the upcoming Yin Yang Master duel, so bothering her about another matter seemed inappropriate to him.

Shika Kagura's issue wasn't something that needed to be solved immediately. While he sympathized with her, she had already lived with her condition for a long time, so one or two more days probably wouldn't make a difference.

The most important part was that she herself had given up on asking for help.

Seiji sighed at the situation.

If he was able to meet her again tomorrow and have a discussion again, then he would try contacting Natsuya one more time.

'Let's stop thinking about it for now.'

Seiji returned to his apartment.

After turning on his computer and checking his email, he noticed that Editor Yoshizawa had sent him a message.

The message basically said that his final draft of "I'll Die If I Don't Become Handsome" was excellent and asked whether it was his final version which would be published by Thunderbolt Literature.

If so, he needed to fill out some forms via email.

'Final version to be published... of course, yes.'

Seiji filled out all the necessary applications and sent the confirmation to Editor Yoshizawa.

It was now time for his usual grinding session.

Oh, starting from today, he planned to begin grinding [art] as well...

...

The next day.

Seiji and Mika walked to school together with Kaede Juumonji for the second time.

Kaede began the conversation with normal topics. She didn't talk about anything strange.

Mika, who had mentally prepared herself beforehand, felt this situation was even more unexpected for her.

Seiji, however, considered this to be only natural.

If Kaede acted up every single morning, then that would give him and Mika an excuse to refuse to walk together with her, so of course she wouldn't behave that way.

Since Kaede was making normal conversation, Seiji also responded in turn and smoothly pulled Mika into the conversation.

And so, they reached school with no conflict whatsoever between the trio.

After splitting up from Kaede and meeting up with Chiaki, Seiji suddenly remembered the drama club president's kidnapping... er,"capturing" of Shika Kagura. Did something happen to the drama club president as well then?

"Chiaki, has something unlucky happened in the drama club recently?"

The tomboy blinked in surprise."Why do you suddenly ask?"

"Because I heard some strange rumors... so I just wanted to ask." Seiji acted rather casual about it.

"Hmm..." Chiaki looked deeply at him before running her hand through her hair as she considered things.

"Our demonic vice president has been feeling tons of stress lately due to the upcoming school festival. Her forceful comments and book throwing ability have greatly improved as a result. Everyone in the club has been victims, especially the club president! Does this... count?"