Chapter 179 - After the Battle

"Seiji-sama!" He heard someone calling for him.

Seiji returned to his senses.

What he saw was... a tall hat?

The longsword in his hands had sliced this hat in half.

What was going on?

Shutendoji escaped , Light-chan explained.

"Oh..." Seiji blinked in confusion as he looked back.

He saw Okubo Yoshiaki collapsed on the ground, his robe in tatters. Okubo's hair had turned white, his expression was hollow, and he was bleeding from all his orifices.

When you defeated Shutendoji's host's soul, I cut off his head, and was about to kill him off for real... but he escaped. The heroic spirit's voice was filled with depression. I deeply apologize! I actually made such a crucial mistake at the very end!!

So spirits had the ability to ditch their host and escape on their own?

Please punish me, Seiji-sama!

"Forget it... It's fine as long as we won, Light-chan." Seiji smiled lightly.

How many ultimate attacks did he end up using against Okubo in the soul realm?

He stopped counting around the time that he used Moon Fang Heaven Piercer. Maybe there were about twenty or thirty moves that he copied from animes?

The final move he used was Kamehameha from Dragonball Z in order to defeat Okubo once and for all.

Seiji felt utterly content at thrashing Okubo in the soul realm.

Suddenly, his vision began turning blood-red and an indescribable pain began welled up within his body, causing his consciousness to turn hazy.

Seiji-sama! Light-chan shouted; your soul has been damaged! You need to receive treatment as soon as possible!!

Damage to his soul?

'So... it feels... like this.'

Seiji's surroundings began to blur, and his body started shaking as if he were drunk. However, this was far more unpleasant than being drunk.

Seiji-sama!! His bonded heroic spirit's voice was filled with anxiety and worry.

"Don't be so noisy... Light-chan..."

Seiji managed to somehow withstand his discomfort as he opened up his system's [items] menu, chose the [Soul Protection Card—'Prayer of Safety'] that he had received from Shika before, and used the item!

He instantly felt a warm feeling flow through his body, and he could even envision Shika Kagura standing by her window with her eyes closed and hands clasped in prayer. Right after that, Seiji felt his mind clearing and the pain disappearing from his body.

Eh? This... what is this power? Light-chan seemed to be stunned at this occurrence.

Seiji had now fully regained his awareness; it almost felt like the discomfort from earlier was nothing more than a hallucination. However, the remaining warmth in his body told him that he had indeed received some type of protection.

Seiji's mouth arced upwards ever so slightly upon thinking of his adopted younger sister.

After he confirmed his own status, he discovered that his own clothes were also damaged rather heavily. His body was also somewhat fatigued and slightly injured, but it was nothing serious.

As for Okubo who was lying prostrate on the ground... he was probably dead. Even if this bastard managed to survive by some stroke of luck, he was probably no different from a dead person or a vegetable.