Chapter 43 - All I did was say my name, why are you kneeling!?

Steady, calm, and unruffled. That was the impression Michirou Juumonji got from the boy he knew as Seigo Harano.

Even now, he remained unsure about what attitude he should take with this youth.

If the boy was truly someone with mystical powers, he would be willing to treat him extravagantly, but it wasn't absolutely confirmed yet, and... since this boy was invited here successfully, that lowered the chances he was a mystical ability user.

Michirou believed that it would be incredibly difficult to successfully invite a real person with mystical powers.

As mystical ability users were arrogant and haughty, they would look down on ordinary people, which included their mafia group. It was doubtful that they would even want to be seen associating together with them... at least on the surface.

When Michirou heard that the invitation was successful and this boy had agreed to meet him, Michirou actually frowned and lowered his expectations.

The development he expected was that if the boy had been a mystical ability user, Kaede would be rejected, perhaps even warned and threatened, and he would ultimately have to personally invite the boy in the most polite and formal manner.

But the current situation was completely different from what he anticipated, so he felt like there was a lower chance that this boy was a mystical ability user...In other words, it was a delicate situation.

After meeting him personally, Michirou could tell that the boy was quite self-assured.

So, was this boy a mystical ability user or not?

Michirou Juumonji felt helpless when faced with these types of uncertain situations.

So, when the boy directly asked him what he wanted to discuss, he contemplated the situation at lightning speed in his mind while mentally frowning. In the end, he decided to use the direct approach.

"What I'd like to discuss is strongly connected with your identity... Could you tell me who you really are?"

'Who I really am?' Seiji raised his eyebrows.

"You haven't investigated?"

"No, we haven't done a deep investigation of you. We only know that your name is Seigo Harano, and that you recently transferred to Genhana High School as a first-year student... We know that you have some connection to the student council president there, Natsuya Yoruhana... as well as the fact that you're far more adept at martial arts than any normal person. That's the full extent of our information," Michirou informed Seiji calmly.

"You invited me over with just this knowledge?"

"We considered the fact that you might be a person with mystical powers, so it would be rude of us to pry with a deeper investigation. We're inviting you with sincerity, not because we wish to do harm to you."

The room remained silent for a while.

'I thought that they'd be able to find everything out about me already in such a short time... It turns out they didn't even bother to investigate deeply; they only invited me over because they were certain that I was the masked person,' Seiji thought to himself, 'well, that would only be normal as the martial arts abilities I showed off that night were incredulous.'

Honestly, Seiji didn't expect either that his fighting ability would become so ridiculous immediately after activating the [Fighting] card—he felt almost as if he had become the main character of a fighting video game.

Just kidding. He still wasn't as outlandish as a fighting game character would be in real life, but if he kept increasing his strength through his system, maybe reaching that level would actually be achievable. Come to think of it, he would soon have access to a technique called [Bullet Time]...