Chapter 115 - Rain

The ground surrounding the figure was sunken in and had begun cracking.

This showed how huge the impact must have been when this person crashed down from the sky.

Seiji slowly approached the person.

'This person... is probably a girl.'

Her clothing... resembled that of a knight from an anime, but it was gray rather than white in color. It didn't expose her cleavage, and there were pieces which appeared to serve as armor strapped on the girl's waist and shoulders.

Her armor was engraved with mysterious runes, which Seiji assumed was some sort of magical spell. When he looked closely at her armor, Seiji could make out the outline of a pentagram and a Yin Yang diagram.

Her skirt reached her knees, and there were slits on both the left and right side. Her shins were also covered in runic plating, and she was wearing white socks and shoes.

Her clothes were tattered; it seemed as if something sharp had sliced them. Seiji noticed dark red fluid seeping out of a few of the tears...

A cosplayer?? No, these clothes didn't seem this simple at all! Besides, she really did fall down from the sky, and she even caused such a large hole to appear in the ground from her impact!!

This was... real.

Seiji took a closer look at her face. It was covered by a white mask, so he couldn't identify her, but... her hairstyle and overall appearance...

"...Shika Kagura?"

Seiji felt a cold chill run down his spine.

He hurriedly approached her and kneeled on one knee, placing his umbrella in order to shield her from the majority of the raindrops. He adjusted her body into a more comfortable position, before slowly supporting her upper body as he carefully removed the mask.

Shika's face was indeed the one underneath the mask.

Her originally beautiful face was now as white as paper. Streams of blood ran down her eyes and mouth. Her eyes were barely open, and her mouth kept opening and closing slightly. It was obvious to see how weak she was.

Seiji widened his eyes in surprise.

It really was her!? How did she become like this!? Was she a Spirit-branded Retainer!? But didn't Natsuya Yoruhana already investigate her, and eliminate the possibility!?

A series of questions flashed through his mind.

"Urk..." The girl in his arms struggled to move.

Seiji instantly came back to his senses.

"Shika Kagura! What's the matter? Hold on! I'll call an ambulance immediately!"

He placed the mask down on the ground as he scrambled for his cell phone.

"Seigo Harano... no need..." a soft voice rang out.

She slowly opened her eyes.

Seiji's hands couldn't help but tremble when he saw her eyes' appearance.

Blood red...

It was already impossible to see Shika's eye pupils. Her eyes had turned completely blood red, and the moment she opened them, a fresh trickle of blood poured out of the corners of her eyes.

"To hell with that! You need to go to a hospital immediately!!" Seiji dialed the emergency number on his cell phone using only one hand.

"It's useless... I'm... about to die..." Shika informed him in a calm voice.