12

h u a   m i n j e e

h u a m i n j e e

akward silence took over.

"so, how's you and your sister?" i asked while walking. thank god i've never been a victim of HHWW. the thought of it gives me goosebumps, actually.

"just fine, still bothering me actually." he answered and chuckled.

it's been a long time since we walk home together. i thought.

"i know." he said and i looked at him. "i-i said it out loud didn't i?" i stuttered and he nodded, smiling.

my heart..

as we were walking i felt our hands brush, his hands are pretty cold. i yawned, jeez i'm seriously very sleepy right now.

"sleep," huening kai said and i shot him a curious look. "i'm gonna give u a piggy back ride." i refused, "no no, i'm fine."

but oh well, you know him.

he held my legs so that i can wrap my arms on his neck and sleep.

t h i r d p e r s o n ' s p. o . v .

i knocked on their door and, her mother opened it, shocked. i guess.

"oh my gosh! kai my dear, please come in," mrs. hua said and he bowed his head a little.

"thank you for carrying my daughter home," she paused a little and thought,

"what did you two do that she fell asleep anyways?" hueningkai's eyes widened and waved his hand.

"n-no mrs. hua! we just did our project in the amusement park, that's all. and... that's the plushie i-- she won." he said pointing at the plushi beside minjee.

"oh, did you two perhaps.. ate dinner already?" mrs. hua said and he shook his head.

"nope. not yet, i gotta get going now mrs. hua. goodnight." huening kai stood up and bowed to mrs. hua.

"wait.." mrs.hua said which made huening kai stop from walking.

"are you two..ok now?" huening kai thought for a while and nodded, smiling.

"yes. a little,"

"and i think my feelings for her are getting back. please don't tell her about this." huening kai pleaded and mrs. hua smiled.

"yes future son-- i mean dear." huening kai laughed at mrs. hua who almost said 'son-in-law'.

h u a   m i n j e e

h u a m i n j e e

[the next day]

"bye mom!! i gotta go now!" i pecked her cheek and ran to school. hate myself for waking up late.

i arrived the school gates and looked at shuhua who had an impatient face. i laughed at the thought when she will scold me.

"yah! your almost late! almost! but at least you had a date with huening kai." she winked when she said the last sentence.

"w-what? what date? yah! you spy!" i tried to catch her because she ran away. sigh, athletes.

and finally, i caught her.

"yah..." i glared at her and she laughed, "all of us were there."

i widened my eyes. whaaaaat!?

"i mean, hehe." she chuckled akwardly. "meh, i don't care as long as i'm alive and having food all around me," i said, chuckling.

what? food is lifer.

i entered the classroom and sat down, oh man, i forgot to buy a new sketch pad. screw you, braincells.

i stared at the empty whiteboard. sigh, how life is boring without anything that makes you fun.

even playing or using my phone is boring. life is boring!

but hey, at least food is with me.

an finally, the teacher came in. ugh, math. now it's more boring.

hey guys!!! long time no update eyy? HAHAH anyways, thank you so much for 2k reads!! wavyuuuuu!

-wei