04

h u a  m i n j e e

h u a m i n j e e

It's almost lunch time and I'm very, very hungry (even though I just ate in class earlier). The teacher asked us to do a homework which is everyday because speech sucks. The bell rang and boom. The classroom looked like a market place. The students made loud noises and stood up, dashed towards I don't know where. Since I wanted to go to the library even if I'm really hungry, I brought my god damn thick paged notebook and walked to Shuhua who is sleeping.

"Shuhua, I love you. Don't kill me after this." I mumbled to myself and "Boom!" I threw my notebook to a direction near Shuhua and she woke up, eyes still sleepy.

"Faster, I wanna go to the library!" Her face is red and I only know two reasons why her face will be red; one, when her crush is close. two, when she's sick.

"I'm just gonna sleep here." She said and slept on her desk once again. Whatever you say. It's not that I don't care about her. Whenever she's sick she doesn't snt go to the clinic because the clinic is not always that available because the school nurse is— I don't know.

I passed by the canteen but I just remembered that eating or drinking inside the library is not allowed. After eating, I stepped a foot inside the library and was welcomed by the coldness of the aircon. I sat down on my usual spot and started to look for mythologies. book shelfs passed and I've finally found them but.. it's too high. I couldn't reach it.

i've attempted so many times to reach but f life of short people. using the chair for reaching books is not allowed here. but what the, why did they even make these bookshelfs higher?

intried to reach for it again but i felt someone who hovered me. i looked up and saw a hand getting the book. No no no! Im supposed to read that!

I turned in front of a person and i was surprised by a uniform of a guy. i looked up at him and great. it's huening kai.

We stared eye to eye for seconds and he finally get the book and flipped it. he looked at me and gave me the book.

"Than—"

"Don't expect anything. I just helped you. nothing else." He said and I sighed for the nth time. I stayed in place for a minute and looked at the book and recalled what he said.

"don't expect anything. i just helped you. nothing else." did i expect anything? maybe, maybe no. i continued walking towards my usual spot and i saw a webtoon book just a table far away from me.

i got a little closer and looked at it. "amulet" it sounds familiar. i flinched at a hand covering the book. i looked at that person and once again, it's huening kai.

i gave him a peace sign and he just had that poker face. i moved back to my seat and started drawing some stuffs. speaking of that... my project and his project. great. i just remembered we can start doing the project now.

this day of me in the library is so cliche oh my gosh.