Chapter 32

It was now springtime and things for Angelica and Thomas were going smoothly.
It's been 2 months since they had adopted Zoey and Thomas and Angelica had to admit being a parent to an almost 12 year old was hard. Considering that she was at the age where she was going through puberty Zoey had lately been annoyed with Thomas and Angelica.

The other day when Zoey wanted to wear makeup to school because "all her other friends" were doing it. Angelica calmly told her that she was too young to do so. It soon lead to an argument that then lead to Zoey getting her phone taken for talking back.
"I feel like I did something wrong?" Angelica had said to Thomas.

"Trust me you aren't." Thomas told Angelica. "You're doing the right thing."
Thomas gave Angelica a kiss so that she would be less tense and it did help some.
Later on that night Zoey apologized to Angelica and the two hugged it out like they always did after they had a disagreement.

Lately though Zoey had been coming to Angelica with her many issues about growing up and being a girl and Angelica was more than happy to answer Zoey's questions. It made her think she was doing something at least something right with being a mother.
Thomas on the other hand had been feeling a little bit left out. It felt like Zoey didn't talk about anything with him.

"Thomas I don't think it's that she has something against you, I think she's more comfortable talking to me about girl stuff." Angelica said one night while they were in bed.
Thomas crossed his arms.
"I could talk to Zoey about girl stuff too." Thomas said.
Angelica smirked.
"You're telling me you wouldn't be the least bit uncomfortable if Zoey came to you talking about periods or boys." Angelica said.

Thomas shifted around a bit uncomfortable.
"My point exactly." Angelica said.
"I still wish she'd talk to me more." Thomas said.
"Then do something with her go to a cafe, take her shopping, do something you and her both want to do." Angelica said.
Thomas nodded.
"Ok will do." Thomas said.

Angelica smiled and gave Thomas a kiss.
"I know being a parent is hard and all but Thomas you're doing a good job being a father." Angelica said.
"Thanks Ange you're doing a good job being a mother." Thomas said.
"Thank you." Angelica said. "Now let's get some sleep we do have work tomorrow."

So the next weekend Thomas and Zoey planned to spend the whole Saturday together.
"So are you ready to spend the day together?" Thomas asked.
"Yes, I feel like we never spend together and I kind of felt bad." Zoey said. "But that doesn't matter this is going to be the best day ever!"
Thomas smiled.

"You're right." He said and he turned on his Bluetooth and played his playlist full of songs both him and Zoey liked.
The two came up with it last night while Angelica was making dinner.
So the two drove all the way to the mall singing SZA, and Summer Walker, of course a couple of rap songs for Thomas and of course musicals for Zoey.

When they reached the first place Zoey and Thomas went to was Cinnabon.
"So what's the first store you want to go to?" Thomas asked.
"I think I wanna go to Rue21." Zoey said as she took a bit of her cinnamon roll.
The two walked to Rue21 and upon going inside Zoey saw somebody she knew all too well.

Zoey yanked Thomas's hand and walked over to the hoodies and hoped who she saw didn't see her.
"What the hell- Zoey what is going on?" Thomas asked.
"Just pretend you're looking at hoodies." Zoey said.
"Zoey?" A familiar voice said.
Zoey cursed in her head.

She turned around.
"Hey Marcus." She said.
"I knew it was you nobody has curly hair as beautiful as you." Marcus told Zoey who as on cue started smiling like crazy.
"Thanks." Zoey said she then gestures to Thomas. "Oh Marcus this is my dad."
Thomas stuck out his hand and Marcus shook it.

"Where's your mom that makes the best cookies?" Marcus asked.
"She's at home, it's a father-daughter day today." Zoey explained.
"Oh ok well I won't interrupt your day." Marcus said he gave Zoey a hug. "Text me too."
Zoey nodded.
"Will do." She said still smiling she watched Marcus walk to the other side of the store.

"Well he's a nice boy." Thomas said.
"Mhm." Zoey said.
"Do you like him?" Thomas asked.
"Uh- no." Zoey said as she picked up a hoodie with a bunch of Nickelodeon characters on it.
"I like this hoodie though." She said.
Thomas laughed.
"Let's go pay for it." He said.

Thomas and Zoey's day out ended at 5 p.m.
The two went to the mall, a buffet, an ice-cream and then finally went go-karting.
"How was your day out?" Angelica asked.
"Awesome! Thomas cursed out this lady on the highway." Zoey said.
"What?"
"Nothing." Thomas said quickly.

Zoey walked up to Thomas and hugged him tightly.
"Thanks dad I love you." Zoey said.
Thomas smiled.
"I love you too." He said.
Zoey then disappeared upstairs leaving Thomas and Angelica alone.

"I'm proud of you Thomas." Angelica said. "She looks so happy."
"Thanks I try my best." Thomas said.
Angelica and Thomas cuddled up on the couch.
"Mmm I missed you all day though." Angelica said. "I missed playing in your hair."
"And I miss teasing you." Angelica said.
It got silent between the couple.
Thomas kissed Angelica's forehead.
"I love you." He said.
"I love you too." Angelica said.
And 2 hours later Zoey found them asleep cuddled on the couch together.

A LONG AWAITED UPDATE I KNOW