Addmiting to mistakes - Chapter 15

**ARTHUR'S POV**

I helped Merlin into the house, arms linked for his support as we clambered up the stairs leading to his small front door. 

The scent of Merlin fills my nose as soon as we step over the threshold and immediately makes me feel better after only smelling the same sickly clean hospital scent.

Merlin collapses enthusiastically on the couch and Sam's, who had come in behind us, eyes widen as he remembers what happened there between me and him.

"Merlin!" I say attempting to lift him but he keeps a firm seat while he quirks an eyebrow in confusion.

"Arthur!" He says back mockingly, I release my hold in an attempt to act casual.

"All I mean is... don't you want to go in your own bed?" He nods

"I would... but unless you secretly came home and changed it, it's still covered in blood." My attempted smile falters

"Fine... You want to go in bed. I'll make the damn bed!" Merlin suppresses a laugh at my annoyance

"Arthur I'm fine. The couch is fine."

"I don't want you on the couch!" I yell before storming into Merlin's room.

**MERLIN'S POV**

"What's his problem?" I ask Sam who is staring forlorn at where Arthur had stormed off to, "Sam?" I ask when he seems to have missed my question all together.

His head snaps in my direction and his already a frown falters more if possible as he comes to take a seat next to me.

**ARTHUR'S POV**

I change Merlin's bed rapidly in hope to get him off that stupid couch as soon as possible.

Once I figured out how to fit the big pillow into the soft pocket the bed was easy enough to prepare, I don't understand why Merlin complained so much as my servant.

"Ok Merlin! Bed is ready!" I say happily, swinging his bedroom door open and positioning myself in the (what Merlin called) living room. 

Merlin was staring brokenly at the table, eyes rimming with tears as Sam stared at me with pure guilt.

My heart started to hammer in my chest, so fast I thought it may explode.

"Merlin?" I say nervously, loosing the middle of his name to a voice crack.

He slowly angled his head to face me and his eye brows had been pulled slightly together and his mouth dropped a little as if he were in pain.

"Wha-" He cleared his through, "what happened when I was - when I was gone?" He asked, pinching the inside of his thigh as he braced himself for my reply."

"Merlin - I..."

"ARTHUR WHAT HAPPENED?" He swiped a stray tear from his cheek.

"It was a mistake... I thought you were gone. I was broken. You were dead! I couldn't... I - I am so so sorry Merlin..." I ramble in panic.

Merlin mouth drops further down face as he lets a strong, breath escape his lungs. Another tear falls and this time he doesn't swipe it way.

"Get out..." He says quietly as he turns back to the coffee table.

I stand silent for a moment.

"Merlin please..."

"GET OUT ARTHUR!" He screams and the whole coffee table shatters into tiny prices of glass. I gasp.

Merlin's golden eyes turn back blue and widen to an enormous size and Sam jumps up from the couch in shock.

"What the -?" Sam says but Merlin acts like nothing happened

"You too Sam!" Merlin looks up at his once best friend and glares at him, and I mean if looks could kill.

Sam walks out the house and I take one last look at Merlin in hope he'll let me stay and explain but his red rimmed eyes only take their place back at where the coffee table once stood.

As I closed the door behind me I hear a loud scream and everything shatters  but not a scream given in physical pain just in a way I can't describe. Almost the exact way I screamed when Merlin died.

"Arthur I am sorry but he needed to know." Sam says inching closer. My heart sinks and anger boils in me, I felt like my father looked every time magic was mentioned.

"Stay the HELL away from me Sam!" Tears spill from my eyes but I just ignore them, "I want nothing to do with you! NOTHING!"

I begin to walk away as Sam starts to cry but he stops me,

"Arthur WAIT." I don't turn but I do stand to listen, "Colin... he has... he smashed the coffee table with... nothing... I don't understand."  I don't reply I just roll my eyes and continue to walk away.

**Author's notes**

Urm... so yeah, not one of my best chapters but i feel like this needed to happen sooner rather than later so I wrote it in quickly.

Hopefully in the next chapter things will kick off and it won't be like repetitive.

Updates will be a little slower and chapters will be a little shorter because I am writing another fanfic that is quite long so will take up a lot of my time. I am writing on it constantly so hopefully it will be up soon.

Also Thank you so so much for getting me to almost 1k reads and #2 on merlinxarthur I am so happy and grateful and I really just can't believe it, I really didn't expect this story to go anywhere or be enjoyed but... I can't express how truly happy I am. THANK YOU!!

Until next time...