Epilogue

**TWO YEARS LATER**

**ARTHUR'S POV**

"Hello, this is Arthur Pendragon."

"Hello, Mr Pendragon. This is Julia from the adoption agency." I subconsciously hold my breath, "I was just calling to let you know that a baby has just been born at St. Bonaventure Hospital, his mother has put him up for adoption, closed custody, he is yours if you want him."

I look up at Merlin with doe eyes and my heart in my mouth, "Whats his name?" I ask in a shaky voice.

"That's up to you and your husband Mr Pendragon."

"YES! Yes, yes oh god yes! We want him! Please. When?" There was a soft chuckle before she answered.

"We are ready for you to have him as soon as you are."

"We will be there in five minutes!"

"Alright, we will see you then." I could hear her smile as she hung up.

I look to Merlin, who is on the edge of his seat, staring back at me with bright blue eyes.

"Arthur?" Tears well in my eyes at the hope he is radiating.

"They have our baby Merlin... they have our son."

Merlin is on his feet within seconds and running towards me before jumping up and wrapping his legs around my waist, I instinctively hold his thighs to keep him there. He leans forward and gives me a passionate kiss.

"We are getting our baby?" He smiles against my lips, "After two years we finally get our baby."

I just smile my response, to emotional to speak. We just gaze into each others eyes before I break the silence.

"You're so beautiful... you're going to be an amazing dad." He blushes a deep red that effects the top of his ears as he jumps of my hips.

My smile falters as my thoughts trail off to what ifs: what if I am as bad as my father? What if he hates me? What if I can't handle the pressure?

"Hey..." he tugs his fingers across my cheek to get me to look into his eyes, "You will too Arthur. The best... now let's go get our son."

Merlin grabs the car seat, a few toys and a baby bag consisting of nappies and dummies out of the cupboard before finally sitting in the car.

My knee bounces the hold ride but Merlin places a comforting hand on my thigh from the passenger seat and rubs gently up and down with his thumb.

"I can't wait to be a Father with you Arthur Pendragon." He comforts, "We are gonna be great." He beams at me.

His smile instantly infects my face and I lift his hand from my thigh and place a chaste kiss on the back of it, my eyes only leaving the road for a minute to make quick eye contact with him as I do it.

Merlin all but sprints to the maternity ward, not stopping for a single staff member that tells him off as if he were a child running in the halls at school.

"Which do you think he is?" Merlin asks me as I arrive, having jogged after him, he had his face pressed against the glass peering down at all the babies.