Chapter 53

Tasha heard beeping once more as she came to, this time the beeping was fainter and as she opened her eyes everything around her seemed more dull than before.

"She's waking up!"

"She's waking up!"

As Tasha's vision cleared she noticed she was surrounded by all of her friends. Tubes were connected to her arms and her nose. This confused her but her confusion vanished when she noticed how worn out Bucky looked.

"Are you crazy?!"

Natasha lunged at Tasha, only being held back by Sam and Wanda who grabbed both of her arms.

Tasha slowly pushed herself to a more sitting position, hissing at the pain in her wrists. She looked down, noticing the gauze wrapped around both of her wrists.

"What the hell were you thinking?!" Steve shook his head in frustration. "Why would you try to kill yourself?!"

"I didn't try to kill myself!" Tasha yelled in frustration with a slight eye roll. "God, Steve — I'm not stupid! I wouldn't do that to Bucky or any of you!"

"Then what do you call slitting your wrists?" Bucky asked numbly.

"I didn't —" She sighed harshly. "Look — I saw Loki, alright?! He was being tortured!"

"Tasha, Loki is dead." Steve said quietly.

"I was there, Steve. I am aware." Tasha snapped, her voice cold as she glared at her friend. "I saw his soul in Hel. The part of us that was connected dragged me to him."

"What does that have to do with hurting yourself?" Nat asked.

Tasha frowned, looking over at the monitor that was constantly beeping as her heart beat. "I had to go to Hel and bring his soul back."

"You told me that dark magic like that always comes with a price." James said then as it dawned on him. "Blood magic, right?"

Tasha nodded, averting her gaze to her lap. "I... I'm sorry. I should've warned you but you would've stopped me and —"

"Hell yes I would've stopped you. Your heart stopped! You weren't breathing!"

"I — I didn't... I didn't know it would be that bad." Tasha said sadly. "I'm sorry, Buck."

It was then Steve noticed how pale her skin was, and the usual glow she had about her was gone completely — even her eyes, which were once bright, were dull looking.

"Tasha..."

She said nothin as she continued to look away from her concerned friends.

"Tasha." Steve said sternly, looking her over more closely. He could sense the difference easily; her skin was paler, no longer held the glow it once did, and her normally bright green eyes were dull, almost lifeless compared to their usual shine. "What did you do?"