Chapter Seven: Simpler Times

***

Tasha sat at the table across from Loki, quietly pushing food around her plate as Odin and Frigga spoke to one another. Thor was trying to make conversation with her, but she didn't know what to say, so she would just nod.

Loki hated seeing the girl so uncomfortable. She looked sad, and she definitely didn't want to be there in that moment. He decided to screw around with Thor to see if that would cheer her up.

Using his magic, Loki made the god of thunder spill his soup on himself. Thor cursed as he looked at himself but everyone stopped when they heard laughing.

Tasha had covered her mouth with her hand, but she couldn't help the giggles from escaping her mouth. Frigga and Odin smiled.

"So she does have a laugh." Odin smiled at the young girl.

When Tasha had quit giggling like a child, she took a sip of the drink to her left. She made a disgusted face, setting the glass back down before taking a big gulp of water.

Loki, why don't you escort Tasha to her room?
***
Tasha and Loki walked silently through the halls until they came upon a garden. Tasha was in awe at how beautiful it was, and Loki decided to take the long way through rather than around.

"That was you, wasn't it?" Tasha glanced over at him with a smile.

"I don't know what you mean." Loki replied with a sly smile.

"Uh huh." Tasha replied, shaking her head with a smile. "What other things can you do?"

Loki hummed for a moment, holding his hand out to her. "Many things."

Tasha blushed but let him take her hand. In a single moment they were no longer in the garden but in a library.

"How — " Tasha shook her head in disbelief as she looked around the room. "You're amazing!"

Loki smiled at the girl, rubbing the top of her head to tease her. "Perhaps I can teach you someday."

•••

Days had passed since Odin had found Tasha, and she was inseparable from Thor and Loki. From dawn till dusk she was with them both, but when dusk would arrive, she would spend time solely with Loki. She felt safe with him, among other things she wouldn't dare speak of. Instead she kept the thoughts to herself, instead preferring to enjoy Loki's company and listen to him as he spoke.

"Mother says she thinks your ready to remember..."

"I don't know if I want to remember." Tasha replied honestly. "I'm happy. I don't want that to go away, but..."

"But there's an emptiness you can't fill until you know the truth." Loki answered for her.

Tasha nodded. "What if Odin sends me away?"

"Why on earth would he do something such as that?"

"Well, I don't know! I can't even remember last week. What if I'm just a peasant or something?"

"Well, for one, I don't care if you were a princess or a peasant." Loki gently rested his hand on her shoulder. "My father loves you as his own, as does Mother. You've been here a mere few days and already you've become part of our lives. I don't believe any of us would see you go."

Tasha smiled at him, her nerves slowly calming. "I hope you are right."

•••