Chapter Five: If It Means A Lot To You

Tasha let out a wince as she came to, feeling cool air touch her bare skin. Her eyes opened slowly as she looked down at her body in a daze before her focus cleared completely. Her armor was gone, and with it her upper half was bare, save for the medical wrap that tied around her chest down to her abdomen. She went to stand but before she could, cold hands touched her bare shoulders, sending a shiver down her spine.

"You need to rest."

Loki's voice was soft as he gently brushed her messy hair away from her face. "I need to clean the rest of your wounds."

"I can do it—"

"Just let me help you!" He yelled, narrowing his eyes at her. Tasha sighed in agreement before nodding her consent.

"Fine." She was silent for a moment before her curiosity peaked. "Where the hell are we?"

"It is a motel of sorts, I suppose. I was able to charm our way in. It's very lacking but it will do for the moment." He explained as he poured a dark liquid onto a cloth before grabbing her chin with his free hand, lifting it until her head was back so he could see the wound on her head fully. "I should warn you, this is going to hurt."

Tasha shrugged, her green eyes staring coldly into his. "I've had much worse."

When Loki presses the cloth to her wound, Tasha closed her eyes and gritted her teeth as the burning began, but it was quickly replaced by a cold hand. She opened her eyes slowly to find Loki looking at where her wound was with a serious expression as the pain began to dissipate. "Loki—"

He removed his hand when the wound had healed, grabbing her hand which had a deep cut on the palm. "Loki, you can't —"

"It's the least I can do. Just let me help you." He replied, focussing on her hand. Tasha let out a small sigh, smiling slightly when the pain was completely gone. Loki looked at her for a moment. "How are you feeling?"

Tasha looked at him for a moment. "Fine. Tired but I'm fine otherwise I suppose."

"Good." Loki pulled her into his arms, causing Tasha to fight him slightly.

"Loki—"

"Stop acting like a child." Loki demanded with a sigh, picking her up bridal style and taking her towards the bedroom. He gently laid her on the bed, making sure she was comfortable before turning to leave the room. Before he could though, a small voice came from the bed.

"Wait, Loki?"

Loki turned to look at her, slightly surprised. "Yes, my princess?"

The corners of her mouth twitched, the faintest smile lingering there. "Thank you..."

He smiled at her, "You never have to thank me, darling. Get some rest. I won't be going anywhere. I promise."

"Your promises mean nothing to me." Tasha said sleepily as she allowed the darkness to take her once more.

"I know, my love, I know..."

•••

Once they arrived at the castle, they were greeted by Frigga who looked to the young girl. "And who is this?" Her voice was soft as she smiled kindly at the young girl.

"Do you remember your name?" Loki was the one to ask, his voice making her look over to him.

"Tasha." She said, then looked back at the lady. "My name is Tasha."

"Tasha, what a beautiful name." She smiled as she rested her hands on the child's shoulders. "Come with me. We'll get you cleaned up and a new dress. Loki, you too. I'd like you to heal her."

***
Tasha sat on the bed as the women around her began looking at her through some sort of magic. She was confused, and Loki was the one who came to her while Frigga talked to the women.

"They're making sure your vitals are alright."

Tasha nodded slowly, staring at the ground. "Why don't I remember anything?"

"Well, if I may—" Loki held his hand up, a few inches in front of her forehead.

She nodded, granting him permission. He gently rested his hand on her forehead, closing his eyes. "Someone does not want you to know the things you do."

Tasha stared at him once he took his hand away, looking down at her knee. He gently brushed his hand against it, the wound healing almost instantly.

"Woah! How did you do that?!" Tasha asked as she pulled her leg away, moving it around in surprise. "It doesn't hurt anymore!"

Loki chuckled at her reaction. How adorable. "Magic, darling."

Tasha found herself blushing at his words, turning to pay attention to Friga who was holding a beautiful dress in her hands. "This is yours. I will help you change. Loki, go tell your brother dinner is ready."

"Yes, mother." Loki replied, but before he left he smiled at Tasha, his green eyes lingering on her longer than they should have

There was something about the girl that Loki couldn't understand. He had never felt this way before. It was like she had been the missing piece of his life.

•••

A/N: