Chapter 48: I Was Here

I was Here ~ Beyoncé
•••

"We need to get everyone out of here!" Tasha yelled to Thor as the ship was under fire. "I can open a portal and get through as many people as I can. You keep Thanos' goons away as long as you can."

Thor clasped his sister's shoulder. "Be safe, sister. May we meet again."

"May we meet again, big brother." Tasha replied before rushing to the other end of the room. "C'mon everyone! Put your hand on the person in front of you, and don't let go!" She used her magic to create a portal to the closest, safest world she could. Loki held onto her waist, his magic flowing through her to help her keep the portal open longer.

"I can't hold it much longer." Tasha mumbled to him.

"You need to go!" Loki grabbed onto her wrists, pulling her towards the portal. "There isn't much time!"

"No! Not without you!" Tasha cried, tugging her wrists away from his tight hold. "I won't lose you again!"

"I won't have you die because of me!" Loki cried, grabbing onto both sides of her face. "Please, my love. Please. You must go!"

"No! We do this together! Either we live together or die together. I will not leave you." Tasha replied with no remorse in her eyes as the portal closed. "I would rather die at your side than live one moment without you."

Loki shook his head in disbelief, pulling Tasha into a passionate kiss. The couple held onto each other for dear life, both knowing very well how powerful Thanos was. "You are truly the most stubborn woman I've ever met."

"You're the one in love with me." Tasha replied with a sly smile as she tried to ignore the worry in her heart.

"That I am," Loki placed his cold lips on hers for a single moment. "I love you, so very much."

Tasha pressed her lips to his jaw, "I love you too, Loki."

Their moment of peace was interrupted as the golden doors broke open, through it four enemies came through ready to fight. In the distance they saw Thanos fighting Thor. As Loki and Tasha fought the children of Thanos, she noticed a young girl hiding behind a pile of debris. While Thor and Loki had their enemies distracted, she called out to the young run. "Run, child! Hide!"

Unfortunately the child nearly ran into a laser shot, only having it miss because Tasha shoved her out of the way. The laser skimmed her rib cage, causing her to cry out in pain as she fell to the ground. She quickly regained her composure, using her sword to cut the throat of the enemy coming towards her. It was then she noticed Thanos was staring right at her.