Chapter Eighteen: Hidden Agenda

Tasha was certain hope would be what would ultimately kill her. After all the times Loki had disappointed her, she didn't know what was going to happen. Tasha tried her best to ignore his affection, even though each night they would lay together.

Tasha and Loki had to attend another on the Grandmaster's extravagant parties, and while she wanted to believe she could trust Loki, she knew it was a smarter idea to go behind his back when trying to talk to Hulk. Bruce had clearly not come out in a long time, and she didn't need Loki interfering with her plan to help out her friend.

While Loki was distracted by the Grandmaster, Tasha took this opportunity to slip out of the large party, slip past the guards and talk to Hulk. She wasn't sure how she would pull it off — she had little experience with the creature, but she had hope that she could get through to Bruce through the rough exterior.

Hopefully.

It took some time, but eventually Tasha was able to find her way to Hulk's room. He was playing with a basketball, surprising Tasha as she stepped into the large room.

"What do you want?" Hulk asked when he noticed he approach.

"Do you remember me?"

"Yes." Hulk replied as he threw the ball at her. Tasha swiftly caught it, smiling at her friend.

"Why are you here? We tried to find you—"

"Hulk no want to be found." Hulk replied as he caught the ball.

"Alright..." Tasha glanced around the room. "Well, I've come to help you escape."

"Escape? Hulk likes it here!" He growled, slamming the ball to the ground which quickly deflated.

"You're a prisoner here, Hulk."

"Hulk important here!"

"You're importsnt on Earth!"

"Bruce is! Hulk isn't!"

"That's not true!" Tasha pleaded, shaking her head. "Bruce can't do what you can. You're just as important."

"Hulk staying."

"You're a stubborn thing, aren't you?" Tasha groaned. "What about Nat? Huh?" She held out her phone, showing a photo of Natasha to him.

Hulk looked sad as he stared at the photo. "C'mon, Hulk. Let's go home—"

"NO!" Hulk slammed Tasha to the wall opposite of them. "HULK NO GO HOME!"

"Calm down!" Tasha tried to calm him as she stood to a defensive position. "Bruce—"

"NO BRUCE!" He punched her hard through the abdomen, making Tasha fly through three walls until she slammed into the pavement and subsequently lost consciousness.

"Agh!" Tasha groaned in pain as she regained consciousness. She pulled herself to her feet, trying to wipe the blood from her face and body as she slowly stumbled towards the party.

Loki was standing near the entry doors, pacing back and forth until he saw Tasha's horrid appearance. "What the hell happened?!"

Tasha said nothing as Loki ran up to her

Tasha said nothing as Loki ran up to her. He immediately moved his hand to her face, using his thumb to wipe the blood off of her bottom lip. "Tasha!"

"Stop yelling." Tasha groaned as she grabbed onto his shoulders to keep herself upright. "My head is throbbing."

"C'mon, we need to go."

...

Tasha squealed in pain when Loki ran his fingers over her rib cage. "Ow!"

"Sorry!" Loki huffed in frustration as he examined her body. Tasha was sat in her bra and underwear as Loki looked over her bruised and bloody body and began to heal her. "How could you be so stupid?!"

"I thought I could get through to him! And I knew you wouldn't let me go—"

"You're right, because look at what happened!" Loki said as he pushed on her rib cage, healing the broken bones back into place while Tasha yelled out in pain.

"Just stop babying me!"

"Quit acting like a child then!" Loki scolded as he used a damp cloth to wipe the blood from her abdomen.

"I'm not!" Tasha sighed as she rubbed her head. "Ow! Be gentle, Loki!"

He sighed as he ran his fingers along her bruised skin. "You can't keep doing this. Going behind my back."

"Do you think I enjoy it?" Tasha asked with a sad laugh. "You've been wasting your magic fixing me instead of finding us a way home."

"What would you have me do? We have no clue where Thor is, or how to get out of this place! Let alone a way to stop Hela. I swear to the Gods you have a death sentence."

"I just want to save our people!"

"No, you want to go home to your precious Earth and it's avengers."

"Oh, don't be melodramatic! Do you honestly think I'd just go back?! After all that Hela has done?!"

"Since when do you care about anyone other than your precious avengers? Your precious winter soldier." Loki seethed.

* S M A C K *

Tasha slapped Loki hard against his face with her palm, doubling over in pain after the fact. Loki was taken aback by her action, but any anger subsided as he saw the pain she was in. He cautiously took her hand in his before pressing his lips to her palm, instantly taking away the pain.

"We will find a way to save our people, darling."

"Don't make vows you can't keep, Loki Laufeyson."

...

A/N: Hope you enjoyed! Thank you NyuuSayuri for the beautiful Cover! PLEASE COMMENT IDEAS FOR TASHA X LOKI!