Chapter Eight: Outside of You

When Tasha woke the next morning she found herself tangled in bed with Loki. She couldn't hide the blush that came to her face as she moved so she could gaze at his sleeping form. He was beautiful, there was never a doubt in the whole universe of that. He was slim, but well built. His pale skin almost drawing her in each moment she gazed at him. She shouldn't have allowed Loki in her bed, not like this, but he surprised her by refusing to take her. It made her forget for just a moment how badly he hurt her...

But that never could last.

Tasha found Sakar to be chaotic and strange, but above all she felt trapped. She was stuck with Loki practically every moment of each day, and as they continued to pass she found herself enjoying his company more and more. Some moments she even found herself forgetting they were stranded on a foreign planet at the edge of the known and unknown universe. These moments became more and more often, especially when they had to put on a show of love and passion in front of everyone else.

Loki pressed his lips to the edge of Tasha's jaw, his fingers moving along her sides slowly. "C'mon, my darling. Smile."

Tasha rolled her eyes as she pushed him away slightly, stopping his hands from moving. "We're not in public. Please refrain from putting your greedy hands on me."

"Hmm, you're no fun." Loki pouted but removed his hands from her waist.

"I'll have you know I am very fun. I just don't like you." She replied as she sat on the couch, opening a new book she had yet to read.

"Must you lie about that?" Loki asked as he sat on his chair across from her. "We both know the truth. Although perhaps you like the humans more, Hmm?"

Tasha didn't say a word as she kept reading her book, ignoring Loki's lingering stare.

"Oh, come now, darling. We both know you've enjoyed your time on earth." Loki smirked until his brows furrowed. "You certainly enjoyed some of the men."

"Alright," Tasha slammed her book down, glaring at Loki. "Why don't you let out what you've been dying to say since I've come back?"

"You know what I'm referring to."

"I'm not gonna have this conversation with you unless you speak your mind, Loki." She gritted her teeth.

"For years I watched you! I watched you find friendship those Avengers and I watched you fall in love with someone else." Loki snapped, glaring back at her.

"Oh, for God sakes!" Tasha groaned in frustration

"Oh, for God sakes!" Tasha groaned in frustration. "I am so fucking sick of you attempting to make me feel bad for everything I did on earth. Newsflash: had you not faked your death, things could have been different. These are the consequences to your actions."

"You moved on quite easily." Loki spat. "Especially for someone who swears they loved me oh so much."

"Moved on?! I never moved on! Don't you get that?!"