Chapter 27: Reminding Me

Shame, blame, disrespect, betrayal, and the withholding of affection damage the roots from which love grows. Love can only survive these injuries if they are acknowledged, healed and rare.

••••••

Tasha frowned as she waited impatiently for Thor's arrival. He promised her he'd meet her over an hour ago. All of Sakaar was looking for him and Hulk, and she knew if Grandmaster caught her sneaking around she would be given back to Loki like an object.

"Brother!" Tasha ran to Thor when she saw him approach with Bruce and a pretty lady trailing behind, nearly knocking him over when she hugged him.

"Oomph. Hello sister." He smiled as he patted her back. When she pulled back she couldn't help but grin at him. Quickly though her smile faded and she slapped him hard on the chest.

"Ow! What was that for?!"

"Where the hell have you been?!"

"It was much harder getting Bruce than I expected.

"It's so good to see you!" Tasha grinned as she looked behind Thor, pulling Bruce into a hug. He was taken aback but hugged her back.

"You too. How have... —"

"How have I been since I found out the loser who shall not be named lied?"

"Yeah, that."

"Been better." Tasha laughed as she pulled back. "What about you?! I've been trying to get Hulk to leave for weeks but he wouldn't listen. Not surprising, really, but I tried."

"Well thank you for trying. He can be a real asshole."

"You weren't at the tournament when I was there, sister. Hulk and I fought." Thor said with a proud smile.

"Apparently Thor won." Valkerye smirked at Tasha who looked over at Thor with raised eyebrows.

"You beat Hulk? Okaaaay Broski." Tasha shook her head with a smile.

"What happened with you after Ultron?" Bruce ask as they walked through the hallway.

"Well— Uh... we... I ... "

"We'll have time for you to catch up later," A lady with brown hair stated before she rolled her eyes impatiently. "C'mon."

"Tasha, this is Valkyrie."

"Nice to meet you." She grinned at the girl. "Lovely to finally have another girl in the gang."

"Likewise." Val grinned back. "Princess. I think I have an unpleasant peace offering."

Tasha rolled her eyes as she saw Loki in chains.

"Surpriseeee." Loki said before Thor threw an object at him.

"Ow." Loki glared when it hit him.

"Had to be sure."

Bruce corrected his clothing uncomfortably as he looked at Loki.

"Hello Bruce."