Chapter Fourteen: maybe that makes me a fool

Tasha found herself falling into the habit of allowing her feelings to show around Loki more and more as they spent time together. He could make her laugh in ways no one else ever could. She wanted to blame everything on their stupid bond, but she knew the reality was she would always love him, and each moment she spent with him had made her fall in love with him all over again.

Part of her wanted to run and scream whenever she found herself falling for him, but there was this other part, constantly growing, that begged her to stay by his side. He was intoxicating; like a drug. Tasha was the drug addict and Loki was her fix. She found herself forgetting life without him, she found herself forgetting her time spent on earth. Her friends. Her new family. Steve. Nat. Sam— even Sam! But most importantly, she found herself beginning to forget her time with Bucky. How long had it been since she last saw him? She couldn't remember anymore.

"Darling?"

Tasha was brought out of her thoughts by Loki's cold hands on her shoulders. He was standing in front of her, looking down with a worried expression. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah." Tasha replied as she pulled away from him. "Fine. What were you saying?"

"You've always been a terrible liar." Loki frowned as he rested his palm on her forehead, which he noticed was warm. "Are you not feeling well?"

"I said I'm fine, Loki." Tasha snapped, slapping his hand away from her face, though she instantly craved the cold he offered to offset the heat in her body.

"You are clearly not fine, Tasha." Loki replied with narrowed brows.

"Can you just stop? Please?"

Loki shook his head. "Not until you tell me what's wrong."

"Everything! Alright?! Everything is wrong! I shouldn't be here! I shouldn't be here with you!"

"Where else should you be?"

"Not here. I have a life back on Earth, Loki. I don't want to be here! I don't want to feel these things! Not with you! Not after everything you've done!" Tasha screamed before pushing past him.

"Loki, just leave me alone!" Tasha cried as she heard his footsteps grow near. "I don't want you here, okay?! Just go!"

"I'm not going anywhere. I promised you—"

"Fuck you! And fuck your promises! You never keep your promises." She mumbled in anger.

"Please, Tasha." Loki was the one crying now as he held onto her arms. "Please let me show you everything. Please."

"You chose to lie and manipulate me

"You chose to lie and manipulate me. You used the tesseract on me for fuck sakes! You can't expect me to bow down to you because we're soulmates. You don't get to break my heart and just waltz back in whenever you want."

"I've made many mistakes, but everything I've done, I've done for you, my sweet... I promise you that."

Tasha sighed. "Loki—"