Chapter 46: Solace

When Loki awoke, he couldn't help but smile. Tasha's head was resting against his chest, her body partially draped across his. Loki rested his hand on her stomach, idly stroking her skin gently. He felt a warmth radiating from her lower abdomen, something he wasn't quite sure how to explain. Not until he focused closely.

It could not possibly be... could it?

Loki pressed his palm harder to her stomach, closing his eyes as he focused on the warmth emitting from her body. He saw flashes of a small child with long, dark brown hair and bright green eyes, Tasha holding her up in her arms with a swollen belly.

She couldn't possible be carrying a child right now... could she? Loki shook his head of the thought, feeling a warmth creep through his body at the mere thought of her potentially carrying his child. He knew the probability couldn't be overly high as they had been intimate numerous times and never once had Tasha fallen pregnant.

His thoughts of confusion were interrupted as Tasha stirred slightly, cuddling into his body with a yawn. "Why are you awake?"

"I'm just thinking." Loki replied as he pressed his lips to her forehead. He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her as close as he physically could.

"About?" Tasha inquired as she nuzzled her nose into the crook of his neck, pressing gentle kisses along his bare collarbones.

"You." Loki answered with a smile as he pulled back enough to gaze down at her. "Always you."

Tasha smiled, a soft giggle leaving her lips as she kissed the tip of his nose. "As lovely as this is, I think if we take much longer Thor might kick us off the ship."

•••

"How far from Earth are we, Heimdel?"

Tasha had been on the bridge for a few hours now, and Loki had just left to check on some important matter. She tried hard not to focus on the fear she felt, but it began to scream at her every moment he was gone.

"Just a small less far than we were ten minutes ago when you last asked, princess." He replied with a small smirk, causing both Val and Thor to laugh.

"It's not like I care or anything." Tasha paused as she twisted back and forth in her chair.

"Right. It's not as though you've been jittering about." Val said sarcastically. "What's so special about Earth anyways?"

"It's not Earth she's enamoured with." Thor smirked at his blushing sister. "Am I wrong, sister?"

"You both are truly horrible." Tasha wrinkled her nose in feign disgust.

"How long has it been since you've been with this soldier man?" Thor asked with little tact.

"First of all, his name is Bucky."

"What kind of name is Bucky?" Bruce asked curiously.

"The kind of nickname you get from Steve Rogers I suppose." Tasha shrugged. "Mind you, my nickname is simply Tash, so nothing special there — anywayssssss! It's been... a long time. Two — two years?" Tasha felt sadness well in her chest as she gazed out at the stars.

"You truly love this human, don't you?" Thor asked with a small smile as he saw the expression on his sisters face.

"Yes." Tasha nodded before she sighed deeply. "Is it wrong of me? To love them both?"