Chapter Fifteen: I like that you're lonely, lonely like me

Tasha smiled to her servant as she finished tying the back of her dress. "You look beautiful, Lady Tasha."

Tasha opened her mouth to reply, but felt a cold feeling flow through her body. She smiled to herself. "Thank you, Elena. Could you please leave me?"

Once the servant left Tasha locked the door. "Loki Odinson!"

A deep chuckle came from the shadows before arms wrapped around her waist. "She is right, you are beautiful."

"You aren't supposed to be here." Tasha giggled as she felt Loki's lips trail down her neck. "Mother will have your head if there's any funny business before we are wed."

"It's a little late for that, don't you agree?"

"Be that as it may, I want to abide by mother and father's wishes..." A frown came to Tasha'S face.

"I'm sure Thor is fine, darling." Loki cooed as he kissed her shoulder.

"Yes but I wanted him to be there. I just wish father would let him come back."

"Do you honestly believe Thor was ready to be king?"

Tasha shook her head. "No, he's far too arrogant but even so — banishing him? To Midgard?"

Loki pulled Tasha into a tight embrace. "It will all work out, my love."

"Yeah, yeah. Get out of here before mother curses us both."
...

The memories came to a halt after she had relieved nearly every memory Loki had during their time together and apart. Tasha's eyes snapped open as she pulled herself away from Loki, but remained less than a foot away from him. She felt so many emotions going through her as she rubbed her forehead. "I had forgotten we were to marry just days after you..." Her words faded into a bitter silence.

"Tasha..."

"So you're telling the truth. That doesn't change anything. I can't just act like these past few years didn't happen — because they did, Loki. I cried for you — gods, I don't even know how many times I cried for you."

"Tasha—" Loki reached out to caress her cheek but this only made her step back once more. "Please trust me."

"Trust is earned

"Trust is earned. I can't just magically hand it over." Tasha sighed. "I can only handle so much, Loki." There was a sadness in her eyes that made his heart ache. "Please respect that. Things can't just magically go back to the way things were."

"I know." Loki's eyes were glistening with tears as he looked to the ground. "If you wish me to leave, I will leave."

He was surprised when he felt Tasha's warm palm against his cheek. His eyes slowly moved to hers. He saw the pain in them that he had caused and it nearly tore him apart. It would have, had she not spoken next.

"Ever since we met, I would've chosen you in a heartbeat. No matter what the cause, no matter what horrors you had done, I would've stood by your side every time... But I'm not that little girl who would run after you after every mistake you made anymore, Loki. While I thought you were dead, I was able to live life and find myself in ways I never could before."

"I was holding you back." He averted his gaze once more.

Tasha shook her head, putting her other hand on his face to force him to look at her. "Loki, you were everything to me. I was in love with you. I would've done anything for you — no matter the cost. You never held me back. You let your own insecurities come between our love and you know that. All the pain and anger you put me through, yes it hurt, and yes it still hurts and I don't think it ever will stop — but it made me stronger. It helped me become who I am now. A strong person with a will to help others. But don't you dare think that you ever held me back."

Loki let out a shaky breath as he finally was unable to keep the tears from falling down his face. "I don't want to lose you — I'm terrified I'm going to lose you forever. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Tasha." He sobbed, taking Tasha aback for a moment. She wrapped her arms around him, pulling him to lie on the bed. He laid partially on top of her as he sobbed into her chest, apologies and vows of love leaving his lips as he shook in her grasp.

Tasha let out a small breath as she began to run her fingers soothingly through his hair

Tasha let out a small breath as she began to run her fingers soothingly through his hair. "Shh, Loki. I'm here, alright? You haven't lost me, not yet."

"I have done such horrible things to you." Loki cried. "All I wanted was to protect you but I'm the one who hurt you most. I'm a monster."

"You're not a monster." Tasha said softly as she pressed her lips to his head. "You're just lost."

"I should've stayed. I should've stayed with you. Maybe Fa—Odin wouldn't have died when he did, maybe—"

"Loki, you can't let yourself think that way. It's a slippery slope that leads only to misery..." She began to hum softly as she played with his hair. "I —" She wanted to say the words, but she couldn't.

Not yet.

"Sleep, okay? I'll be here when you wake up. I promise. Andddd you know I keep my promises."

Loki let out a sad chuckle as he listened to her heartbeat. "Sleep with me?"

Tasha hesitated for a moment, but she slowly let her one hand fall to his. Loki instantly locked his fingers with hers, pressing her hand to his lips before resting it against his chest. Soon, darkness consumed the two of them, and Tasha silently prayed that was all she would see until she woke.

Unfortunately, that couldn't be farther than the truth.

...

A/N: HEY! Please comment any and all ideas you have for Tasha x Loki!!! I need all the help 😭😭😭😭😭 please any ideas for past, future or present storylines are needed! :) fluff, angst, smut etc any ideas are appreciated