Chapter 44: War of Hearts

War of Hearts ~ Ruelle

Tasha's eyes fell upon the many stars that filled the darkness outside the ship, lighting the pathway to a new future beautifully. Her thoughts trailed to all those they had lost, a heavy sigh leaving her dry lips.

"What's on your mind, gorgeous?"

Loki walked over to her, a look of concern on his face. Tasha smiled with a small laugh as she continued to stare out the window. "We have no home now. Everything we once had was gone. Our entire lives were made from Asgard, Loki, and now it's all gone."

Loki slowly wrapped his arm around her waist, and when she didn't object, he pulled her body against his, holding her in a tight embrace that made her heart feel warm. "We have each other. We will rebuild again somewhere new where darkness will not find us. I will not let anything happen to you."

Tasha felt tears well up in her eyes. She hadn't cried at all since Asgard had been lost. She refused to feel anything towards it until Loki continued to make her feel more and more every passing moment. "I need you to promise me something."

"On my life." Loki agreed instantly.

"That no matter what happens, whether it be a million days from now, or just tomorrow — I need you to promise me you won't lie to me again. I need to know I can trust you one hundred percent."

"I promise."

"Even if the truth will hurt me?"

"Yes." Loki said reluctantly. "I promise to be truthful to you at all times." He looked down at her with a frown. "I am truly sorry for all the pain and suffering I've put you through. I do not deserve you nor do I deserve your affection."

"I'm not sorry." Tasha said slowly as she looked up at him. "I'm not sorry I met you. That knowing you has made me question everything. That in loving you all these years, you are the one whose made me feel most alive. You've been a terrible person. You've made all the wrong choices and out of the choices I've made this will prove to be the worst one, but I'm not sorry that I'm in love with you."

Loki's breath hitched in his throat as he stared at his lover, eyes widening at her words. He never expected her to forgive him for everything he had done, and he especially never expected her to be in love with him after all that time.

"I never stopped loving you, Loki." Tasha smiled lovingly up at him. "And it isn't just the bond — it never was. I'm in love with you. The you that you are now. The person who came back for us when he could've left. The person who finally made the right decisions."

Loki's hand drifted towards her lower waist, his fingers grazing gently against the back of her dress. The back was open, and Tasha felt herself shiver as she felt his cold fingers move against her bare skin. She did nothing as Loki's hands roamed her back, trying to ignore the fire that he had ignited in her.

He didn't say anything for a moment as his hands moved along her skin. She could tell by the way his green eyes were hooded that he was currently off somewhere else.

When he rid himself of the many fantasies he had been having, he realized that he was beginning to untie her dress. Loki felt his face heat up, something only she could ever make him do. He averted his gaze, mumbling a "My apologies," before removing his hands from her completely.

"Loki..." Her voice was quiet as she gently reached her hand to caress his cool face. His green eyes sought hers and for a moment they just gazed at each other. Tasha smiled, gently pushing his hair back as she leaned towards him. "Kiss me."

••

A/N: I just HAD to write that TVD reference :3 please leave comments as it's hard to be inspired when I don't get any