Chapter 26: Breakeven

Breakeven ~ The Script

Tasha refused to let the tears fall as she wandered through the halls, searching for a way to free her big brother. She decided to stop at home once more before leaving, hoping it would help her think of something.

As soon as she stepped foot in the apartment she felt anger consume her. She began to rip apart the books, break the furniture and in her fury she felt a small pain as she set fire to everything around her. It felt invigorating, but as soon as the high hit, it left Tasha feeling more broken than before.

Where the hell do I find Thor?

Tasha sighed as she trudged through the halls of Sakaars main building. "This is going to take forever."

Eventually after evading guards for god knows how long, she came across the contenders main room. She was able to use enough magic to go through the wall, surprised when she immediately saw Thor sitting on the ground.

"Thor?"

Thor looked up at his sister. "You're alright! What are you doing here?!"

"I've come to help you get out of this shit hole, brother." She smiled slightly as she leaned against the wall.

"Tasha, Loki is here—"

"I know. We've been here for quite some time." She said as the smile faded.

"What did he do?" Thor asked when he saw the broken expression on his sisters face.

"What he always does. He made me believe he had changed. He promised — it doesn't matter. He lied. He manipulated me. We're done. I just — we need to get off this stupid planet."

"I swear by all the realms I will make Loki pay for the pain he has caused you."

"Thanks bro." Tasha laughed sadly. "We just have to find a way out of here — fuck, the guards are coming. I promise I'll find you!"

•••

Thor glared at his adoptive brother as soon as he felt his presence in front of him. "Hurts doesn't it? Being lied to? Told your one thing,

It hurts, doesn't it? Being lied to. Being told you're one thing and then learning it's all a fiction." Thor three a rock at Loki, revealing him to only be an illusion. "You didn't think I'd really come and see you, did you? This place is disgusting."

Thor said nothing as he ignored his brothers presence.

"Does this mean you don't want my help? Look, I couldn't jeopardize my position with Grandmaster, it took me time to win his trust. He's a lunatic, but he can be amenable. What I'm telling you is, you could join me at the Grandmaster's side. Perhaps, in time, an accident befalls the Grandmaster, and then..." Loki made a gesture insinuating a take over, but once again Thor said nothing.

"Would you say something? Say something!"

"What would you like me to say?" Thor sighed. "You know, it's funny how you come here as an illusion while our sister whose magic is dwindling came even though she knew she could be captured."

"What are you talking about?"

"Tasha came by here today." Thor answered simply."

"She did?" Loki seemed relieved to hear that. "Where is she?"

"Not here." Thor refused to look at his brother. "How could you break her again, brother?"

"Do not speak of things you know nothing of, brother."

"That's rich, coming from you. Who do you think she confided in when you broke her heart? The first time, second, third. Tell me, brother, how many times has it been? I've lost count."

"Don't." Loki snapped.

"How can you after everything she has forgiven you for continue to treat her as if she is nothing? Truly brother, how can you be so heartless?"

"She deserves someone better than me!" Loki yelled at his brother. "She deserves someone who hasn't caused her the harm I have."

"You are blind, brother. She does not want someone better, all she's ever wanted is you. She loves you, and all you've done is corrupt her soul."

"What would you have me do? She wishes to go home, same as you, when there is no home to go back to! There is no life for us on Asgard."

"You've made that decision without even trying to understand her side of things. That is why you will lose her."

"I lost her the moment I faked my death."

"No, you've never lost her, Loki. But mark my words, brother, whatever feelings she has for you is holding on by a simple thread, and one day that thread will break... and you will lose her forever."

"What do you want me to do? Apologize for every wrongdoing I've done towards her? Like that will make a difference?"

"It would, if you meant it." Thor shook his head. "Can you not feel it? She is fading from you. If you do not fix what's been broken, it will never be mended, but that is on you, Loki."

Loki glared at his brother. "I placed a large bet against you today. Don't let me down."

•••

A/N: for the life of my I can't get inspired for Ragnarok, so please give me all of your ideas! Also for any past or future events. Please your comments are helping me write!